Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Measuring tape is not only for measuring...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Measuring tape is not only for measuring...

Great idea from a guy who is using his brain, my only concern is that someone will not follow your directions and use the wrong wire or create some other hazard. Most of the folks here can follow directions, but I'm always taken back by how even simple things can get messed up by folks who are in a hurry or just not that smart. I'm sure, done right it saves tripping over a cord.

Comment

I was reading this and was wondering where it was going, stage by stage, thinking "what the hell is he doing?" when it was revealed.... I laughed, clapped my hands and said "that's just genius" and not for the first time today - I found this list of Niki's top tips this morning, and apart from a couple hours woodworking I've spent the entire day reading them, being more and more impressed every time.

I'm still a bit... unhappy.. about the fact he has since passed on, but his top tips are a legacy I'll be using for years to come, I've already started to make my own crosscut sled using his design to fit my homemade table saw.

I know he won't see these comments on his work, but I still feel compelled to add my appreciation of his work.

Comment

Everytime I read niki's posts it makes me think of my grandfather, he thinks just like niki. I too think like my grandfather, luckly it seems to be genetic. I'm guessing I'll be that same "old guy" later in life. Heck, my grandfather build his own cnc router in his garage in his backyard. He use to own his own business laminating thermal paper the mdf/plywood and vinyl to the same stuff using his own lamination machine he build.

Comment

Working...
        X