power tool safety issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power tool safety issue

it troubles me to write this post as i am a life long loyal Makita customer. The majority of my power hand tools are makita and the put out a quality product....with one exception...their biscuit joiner. i bought mine blind because of my love for makita, this was a mistake.although a very accurate and powerful tool, their plate securing method is piss poor and not up to makia standards, andi hope they rethink and improve their biscui joiner.

the problem with it is that the access to the blade is secured only with at thumb screw and normal washer atthe rear of the item. that thumbscrew vibrates loose and the bottom opens, causing the blade to be exposed. i found this out the hard way as while pulling it away itgrazed along my hand cutting one of my fingers.

althought this thing has he makita name, it is a terrible design and one of the worst products makita has ever put out. hope they re think and re engineer this problem.

makita keep your quality stamdards high, rethink this problem and keep yourself on top!
    \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

I have the Makita, and have no complaints at all and have had non of the problems you have experienced. I would recommend taking it to a service center and having it checked out. Maybe somethings not set up correctly.

Dave
    It\'s not the quantity or quality of your tools that matters....<br />It\'s all in the firewood that\'s left over.....

Comment

already got rid of it and bought a different brand. i am surprised others havent had the same problem. perhaps i did end up with a lemon but after examining how it is secured, even if it was a lemon, one working properly doesn seem to be safe!

Comment

I find there are lemons in all brands. I had a PC cordless (19.2) drill and it lasted a day or two past the one year warranty. I have one now that cost half what the PC did and we'll see how it holds up. I also eyed the new DeWalts at the WW show yesterday...they sure felt like they had a lot of torque. I had one before (99) and it didn't hold a charge for very long...wonder if they fixed that?
        Kelly C. Hanna<br /><a href=\"http://www.hannawoodworks.com\" target=\"_blank\">Hanna Woodworks</a>

Comment

I am not calling this tool a lemon. It is a very accurate, powerful, well built tool, with one exception. I dont know that i would call it a lemon......but i do call it a hell of a safety hazzard and would hope that makita explore this issue and take quick action making this tool safer and worthy to be graces with the makita name!

Comment

Working...
          X