Staple Gun

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Staple Gun

Hey all,I am in thne market for a hand staple gan. My old stanley broke.
    any recomendations

Thanks
    Last edited by Gage Mc.; 10-26-2007, 09:01 AM.

Re: Staple Gun

Originally posted by Gage Mc. View Post
    Hey all,I am in thne market for a staple gan. My old stanley broke.
    any recomendations

Thanks
    I have the ridgid 1/4 crown stapler and use it weekly. I love it. Never has jammed, shoots like a dream, has a working depth adjustment (comes in handy when popping up 1/4 mdf or ply), swivel coupler and needs no oil. I even like the safety specs and case that came with it. It shoots up to 1 1/2" staples. The smallest I use is 3/8".

I have not used any other staplers, but I paid $99 for this one and am pleased with it every time I pull it out to use it.
    A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

Originally posted by woodenstickers View Post
      I have the ridgid 1/4 crown stapler and use it weekly. I love it. Never has jammed, shoots like a dream, has a working depth adjustment (comes in handy when popping up 1/4 mdf or ply), swivel coupler and needs no oil. I even like the safety specs and case that came with it. It shoots up to 1 1/2" staples. The smallest I use is 3/8".

I have not used any other staplers, but I paid $99 for this one and am pleased with it every time I pull it out to use it.

I bought the Ridgid too and have had no complaints so far. I use the Senco staples in all my air tools. The Porter Cable and import staples suck! But the Senco work very well.
      Congratulations to Mr. "the sky is falling" Al Gore, nominated the new Village Idiot!

Comment

Originally posted by The Wood Meister View Post
        I bought the Ridgid too and have had no complaints so far. I use the Senco staples in all my air tools. The Porter Cable and import staples suck! But the Senco work very well.
        I use senco staples also. I try to stick with senco for everything, but I have had great luck using spotnail micro pins. I couldn't find all the sizes in micro pins I wanted until a buddy turned me onto a local fastener store that sells them in 10,000 pin boxes. Ive gone through 1 1/2 boxes of the 1" and 5/8" sizes and highly recommend them.
        A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

I have a Porter-Cable 1/2" to 1-1/2" 18-Gauge Narrow Crown Stapler and it works excellent. I've been using mostly Senco staples.

Comment

I think he was asking about a "hand" stapler not a pneumatic stapler.
            I had a 20ga Craftsman stapler that finally broke. I was at Lowe's looking at the hand staplers. All flavors and mostly a narrow staple design. My Craftsman was a 1/2" design.

I was told to buy the "standard and most dependable used by the pros" and it was the
            ARROW T50P
            This stapler uses staples from 1/4" through 17/32"
            This stapler is made in USA!!!!!!!
            This stapler is all steel

this stapler also has some optional attachments: one for electrical wire and one for installing screens. They also have a slick staple removal tool. go to the Arrow fasteners website, [a quick google search will get you there]

Arrow has a large selection of staplers, but at Lowe's the T50P has the electrical wire attachment included. The cost is around $17.00

finally, the salesman told me this stapler being "standard" you will find staples almost anywhere, from Ace Hardware to K-mart!

The T50P is heavy duty and has a nice solid feel to it you won't be disappointed.

Cactus Man

Comment

Working...
            X