X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Tool Protection

We all have some very nice/delicate/expensive tool that we would like to protect whether they're in a drawer or tool bag/box. I've been looking (Googling) for some kind of pouch or bag to protect a very nice Veritas marking gauge. It's about 7.5" long. Currently have it in a plastic Ziplock freezer bag. Anyone have sources for things like this? (Could be leather, canvas, cloth, ballistic nylon, Kevlar, bark or whatever)
    Jim

Re: Small Tool Protection

Seems to me you could very easily make your own pouch for it. Just take a cloth and sew a pocket and a lace onto it. Put the tool in the pocket, wrap the cloth around a couple times, and tie the lace.

Comment

Make a small wood case out of 2 blocks. Route out the size and shape of the tool and line with felt. Hinge together.
      info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

I made a box out of 3/4" mdf to protect mine. It served two purposes. First, it gave me a chance to practice making corner joinery on a piece that crudeness wouldn't matter and second, it gave me a protective piece that will withstand a drop from a 20 story building or a direct hit from a nuke.

Have fun!

Blind Bill

Comment

You can purchase foam--not the insulation type but the grey foam used to line crates etc for shipping fragile articles etc. Cut a block larger than you need and using an "olfa knife" cut out a cavity for your tool. You can do this for any tool and if you want to keep them orderly--make a bunch of similar size blocks but for different tools.

The material comes in various sizes and can be glued using contac cement

Comment

Working...
          X