Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drill Press

Hello All:

I'm looking to purchase a benchtop drill press. I've considered the Sears models but I don't think I'm going to go with them. I went to Lowes to check out the Delta 12" model. I like the speed change dial on the front but I'm not sure about the 1/3 HP motor. I received the Grizzly catalogue a few days ago and I'm thinking about going with their 12" model - not really much difference in price. As you know, any problems with the Lowes purchase and they take it back. I've never bought something like this through mail order (on-line). Anyone have any thoughts on these models or any others, about Grizzly or buying on-line? Finally, does Ridgid make a benchtop drill press? I have'nt seen any at HD.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Bernie

Several years ago, I bought the 12" Delta Bench DP. I have used it a lot and have never regretted the choice. They have a new model out now, but the older version can still often be found at reduced prices.

Sincerely,

Mike Narges

Comment

I've heard good things about the Delta variable speed 12" and have heard that power isn't an issue for things you would expect a benchtop drill press to do. I have a floor model drill press so can't comment further.

Comment

Working...
      X