X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overhead dust collection for TS

Has anyone tried to adapt the blade guard that comes with the 3650 for dust collection? I was thinking of drilling/cutting out a hole in the top of the guard to fit in a 1.5" shop vac attachment. I've looked at the shark guard but it's $150 is still a little too steep for me.

Re: Overhead dust collection for TS

I cut a small piece of wood that I epoxied a vacuum fitting to and then connected some flex hose to that and secured it with a hose clamp. Before I epoxied the fitting to the the wood I cut a rectangular hole in it to match the hole in the TS blade guard.
    I attached the whole thing to the blade guard using 2 small bolts.
    Personally, I dont think it is worth the effort. I have a 5hp DC which can suck the chrome off of a trailer hitch and yet the collection through the blade guard is not great. My feeling is that the blade guard is poorly designed for dust collection. Folks with the shark guard speak highly of it. The shark guard looks different, maybe they are better. Just my 2 cents.
    www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Thanks for your thoughts. Any pictures of your set up?

Comment

I used the dust port off the bottom of the saw and cut a hole in the clear plastic guard and hooked that up to my dust collector. It wasn't worth it. I now have the Penn State Overhead and it is a lot better but I'm looking to go to either whale guard from Lee that fits on the PSI overhead or the sharkguard itself.

Gary

Comment

Thanks, that's exactly what I was waiting to hear. I won't waste my time with trying to jimmy-rig the blade guard. It sounds like saving up for the shark guard is my best bet.

Comment

Working...
          X