dado blade insert

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dado blade insert

I just purchased a ts3650 and need a dado blade insert anybody know where i can get one i can make my own but would like one that is made for this sawcustomcutting213@yahoo.com

Re: dado blade insert

Here you go...

http://www.ttrackusa.com/zeroclearanceinserts.htm
    Cheers! - Jim
    -------------
    All truth passes through three stages: First it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Schopenhauer

Comment

1) Is it possible to obtain ready-made dado blade insert? If so, make , model.

2) Recommended dado set?

Many thanks, DKT

Comment

Originally posted by DKT View Post

2) Recommended dado set?

Many thanks, DKT

By ready-made do you mean ready to set in the slot, but without a blade-cut through the material? If so, then yes. The link jbergstrom has in his post lists one for the TS3650. If you want one with the blade-cut already made, I've never seen one. It's easy enough to do. Just put the dado blade(s) on to the width you want, and lower the blade all the way down. Then put the dado blank in the slot and tighten it down. Turn on the saw and slowly crank the blade up through the material to around the height you want. Not only do you have the dado insert to the proper width, but you now have a zero-clearance insert that'll cut down on chip-out in your material.
        I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Yup, what VASandy said
          Zero clearance is the way to go (much safer too)

2) Recommended dado set?

Many thanks, DKT
          You really can't go wrong by sticking with brand names such as Freud or Dewalt
          Of course if money is no object then you could look at Forrest for example
          Cheers! - Jim
          -------------
          All truth passes through three stages: First it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Schopenhauer

Comment

Thanks, for the responses. Much appreciated by a novice. What I meant is the insert that can be installed and work immediately. Lee Valley here in Canada offers such, but they/I don't know if it will work with the 3650. Here is the url to this piece:

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...080,51225&ap=1

Comment

for $80 you can get about 4 blank ones that will be custom cut (zero clerance) for each of your blades or daddos. You can get to work just about as fast as you can turn your saw on and raise your blade through the insert? About 10 seconds?!?!?

Comment

Ok. Let me get this straight.

1) I purchase un-cut inserts that fit the saw.

2) I install the dado blades based on the dado width I want.

3) Lower the blade.

4) Install the un-cut insert.

5) Turn on the saw.

6) Raise the saw blade to cut an opening in the un-cut insert.

7) I then have an insert for whatever width I selected.

8) I can make zero clearance inserts for each width I want.

Correct? Yama hama

Comment

Making your own is really very easy and quick! And much cheaper depending on the material used. Don't do like i did and make just one blank. Making several all at once would be the best.

Comment

3) Lower the blade.

5) Turn on the saw.

Correct? Yama hama
                    Correct-o-rama!
                    I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Amazon has a 4 for 3 sale Leecraft RG-1 Zero Clearance insert going on now. Includes free shipping. I just ordered 4 for 65.97.
                      When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Comment

3) Lower the blade.

5) Turn on the saw.

Correct? Yama hama
                        Yeppers , I would just add that to be safe you should slide the fence over next to the insert and clamp a 2x4 or similar to the fence in a way that insures the insert stays seated while you slowly raise the blade up through the insert and into the 2x4. Go slow and check the height often till you get what you need
                        Cheers! - Jim
                        -------------

Comment

Thanks, all. I've ordered 4 Lee Craft from Amazon.com. Found they didn't ship to Canada, but found a work around. Hope to have the inserts late next week.

Ciao, dkt

Comment

Thanks, all. I've ordered 4 Lee Craft from Amazon.com. Found they didn't ship to Canada, but found a work around. Hope to have the inserts late next week.

Ciao, dkt
                            DKT I just noticed that you live down the road from me...

Both Woodcraft and Rockler ship to Canada (info possibly for the future)

Shipping became increasingly hard after 911 and homeland security etc.
                            I've found that Woodcraft is pretty good to deal with...
                            Cheers! - Jim
                            -------------

Comment

Thanks for the information and suggestion. I too noticed you lived up road from me. What I've done is had the parcel shipped to my parents winter home and I'll have them send it to me.

DKT

Comment

Working...
                              X