X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparable planners?

Ridgid model R 4330, same as TP1300LS? Need manual for 4330. Anyone help!

Re: Comparable planners?

I looked and couldn't find the Owners Manual for the new R4330 Planer at ridgid.com. It appears that they haven't added this to the website yet or I just couldn't find it.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

dwirwin,

There are several changes in the new design/package. Primary is the 3-cutter head instead of the two as used on the TP1300, and the thickness adjustment now uses a four-screw design that eliminates the need for the "head lock" which was a key feature on the older unit.

The newer planer also has newly designed dust chute which I believe can be positioned with the exhaust on the right or the left. It's also easier to remove, should you just want to let the chips fly.

However, the older TP1300 came with and extra set of blades and a stand, neither of which is supplied with the new model. It should also be noted that the TP1300 generally got very good reviews by the magazines, as well as the experienced owners. It's too early to tell with the new model.

CWS

Comment

Thanks for the info, I decided to go with the TP1300LS, needed the stand.

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post

However, the older TP1300 came with and extra set of blades and a stand
          Note that the new blades are double sided. When they wear out just flip them over and it's a fresh set so technically you still get two sets of blades, but no stand

Comment

Nope, the TP1300LS has double sided blades as does the newer model, but it also comes with an additional set of the same double sided blades as part of the purchase. The stand is a plus!

Comment

Working...
            X