X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• table saw

looking for a tenning jig that will fit the ridgid table saw bought it 4 years ago
    have tryed shop fox and several other and can not get them to 0 out

Re: table saw

This is the one I use.

http://www.woodbutcher.net/images/normstools/34-182.htm
    SSG, U.S. Army
    Retired
    K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Here's another one -> (on sale too)

http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx...fcode=75IN11NL
      Cheers! - Jim
      -------------
      All truth passes through three stages: First it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Schopenhauer

Comment

Why don't you just make one? A couple pieces of MDF, some glue and a clamp work wonders.

Comment

Before I bought the tennoning jig from Woodcraft that jbergrestrom suggested I had a shop made one like cephus suggested. I couldn't get my tennoning jig to zero out on my 3650 either. This was a couple years ago, but, as I recall, I called the manufacturer and was told the jig would not zero on the 3650. I cut a few tennons with it and now it sits in the corner collecting dust. When I cut tennons on my table saw I use my old shopmade jig with a couple clamps and it still works great. Lately though I have been using my Dowelmax. It is much faster than cutting mortise and tennons but it does have limitations. I certainly wouldn't use it to make an exterior door, I am afraid the joints would fail prematurely.

Tom

Comment

Exactly. While I have nothing whatsoever against commercial jigs, it just seems like there are a lot of people out there who have a lot more dollars than sense, at least in the belief that everything out there has to be store-bought to be useful.

We're supposed to be woodworkers, why is it so hard to actually... work with wood?

Comment

Working...
            X