X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another built in finished (pics)

Hi, thought id share one of the latest projects. This is a built in , in a closet. The closet was very much out of square and many angles to fit the top in.
    The draws are 55 inches wide.Top 2 are 22 inch deep and bottom is 18 inch. Theres also a slide out for computer tray. Its 40 inch tall to top. The hanles were made out of Jatoba as well as trim and accents. The core wood is Beech. Bartleys Gel Varnish 4 coats.
    The other pic is of a 73 inch shelve with blind shelve supports.Im going to put a small modling at top to hide the brackets. The other unit is a bookshelve.Its screwed into the studs and rest 5 inches off floor on base molding.
    Building 55 inch draws wasnt that bad.I spent some extra time making sure they were square.I wouldnt reccomend it though. Due to the width causing the slides to jar if you dont use even pressure. Half inch bottoms helped.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	f95b532071609e3a48a5d7d5861e6b2e.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	2201

Name:	a83b8608969a29b208ecd8e5ffebeef1.jpg
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	2202

Name:	6038309871093ca875455d285c11c56d.jpg
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	2203

Re: Another built in finished (pics)

very very nice work and the wood colors really are nice, i like the light and dark
    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

I can only imagine the degree of satisfaction that comes with working with wood.

I've personally never been happy with the finished product of anything I've done working with wood. Always crooked, splits, cracks, falls apart days later, required 29 glue sticks, dog injuries (yes, dog house fell apart) and some other small projects that ended up in the fire barrel after throwing tools across the garage in frustration. I can however show you some great pics of wood burning techniques when I replace a Delta Monitor series valve when a customer breaks the valve clear off.

Kudos to your expertise....not a whole lot of people capable of doing the skill.
      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Very cool WWC, you have the knack to make wood look beautiful.... Great Job...
        Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

looks beautiful as usual. If you don't mind can you make another set for me. My bed is that exact same color wood and it would go great. I need some more bookcases, i have to utilize the floor i've got so many.

Comment

WWC

Very nice work there.

Comment

Thanks I was happy with the outcome. The 2 colors of wood do work well together.

Comment

Working...
              X