X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote electrical outlets

I received a flyer from Lowes yesterday, in the Christmas section is an ad for a 3 pack of remote controlled electrical outlets with a programable remote for $19 and some change. I bought the pack and connected 1 to my DC and another to my shop vac, works great. Thought I would pass this along.
    If at first you don't succeed, try reading the owners manual.

Re: Remote electrical outlets

Thanks,good deal.Saw something like that on the tube with clap on.Going to Lowes in the morning.

Comment

As an amateur Radio operator I say "OH GOODIE...MORE CONSUMER ELECTRONIC CRAP!!!"

This stuff as those damn "touch lamps" are J-U-N-K!!!!

If you find odd things happening to your new big screen tv or your neighbor's garage door opening toss these things in the trash.

As a radio operator these toys generate a significant and serious amount of radio interference! The FCC has lost its grip in enforcing the various rules part -15 etc.
      And this crap coming from China is just that Crap!

Buy a light switch get off the couch, walk over and turn the light on or off!

Cactus Man

Comment

Originally posted by cactusman View Post
        As an amateur Radio operator I say "OH GOODIE...MORE CONSUMER ELECTRONIC CRAP!!!"

This stuff as those damn "touch lamps" are J-U-N-K!!!!

If you find odd things happening to your new big screen tv or your neighbor's garage door opening toss these things in the trash.

As a radio operator these toys generate a significant and serious amount of radio interference! The FCC has lost its grip in enforcing the various rules part -15 etc.
        And this crap coming from China is just that Crap!

Buy a light switch get off the couch, walk over and turn the light on or off!

Cactus Man
        Just think of what that CRAP can do to medical equipment. There's good reason why hospitals demand that cellular phones be OFF and that doesn't mean set to vibrate. It means totally OFF. As for buying things made in hell hole factories over in China that's just the way us here in the USA support child slave labor.

Comment

oh Yes Woussko, it's amazing the junk patients would bring with them into the hospital..I was in biomedical engineering for +22 years and have seen many things! I established very strict policies concerning electrical devices from home.

I know today a patient monitor in ICU can run +$100,000.00!!!!! compared to +$30,000.00 when I was involved!

Today's consumer electronics have no metal shielding, AC line filtering etc.,etc.
          The switching power supplies used today dump amazing amounts of hash and noise back into the power lines.

Plasma TVs are horrible! If you operate a Ham Radio Station and you want a big screen tv get a LCD model! They are quiet, use less electricity, and now the refresh rates are faster than 6msc!!! OK, the plasma does have a great picture but they are $$$$ to service and the LCD designs have a much longer rated life expectancy!

I rant.....

Cactus Man

Comment

Working...
          X