X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS2424 Herc-U-Lift

First let me say I love my saw. However, I'm a little disappointed with the Herc-U-Lift. My shop is in my garage and while the floor is not perfectly level and has a couple of hi spots, its really pretty flat. My problem is the Herc-U-Lift system only raises my saw only about 1/16" off the floor. When I go to move it, its difficult. I have added a washer between the frame and the casters to get a little more lift, but its still wanting, still not much more than 1/16". I double checked the installation instructions and everything appears to be correct, but I can't help thinking I've got something wrong. I really would have thought the lift would be higher. Has anyone else had this problem? Anyone know a cure or is this just the way it is?

Thanks
    Greg

ears54,

I just got the TS3650, which has the Hurc-u-lift mobile base. It's tricky to put together. It took me a couple of tries before I got it right. On the 3650, the legs have adjustable feet that move about one inch or more, up and down. If I adjust them out all the way, the lift will barely work. I assume you checked this. It may also have to do with where the u bolt strikes the plate when you step down on it. This has quite a bit of adjustment in it. You also have to leave a lot of room on the back bolts so that they can pivot. I think that the nuts are to be no more than flush with the end of the bolt. Maybe you've put these on too far. Good luck.

Comment

Did you mount the lift below the angle iron mounts on the legs? If you attached it above, you'd lose about an inch which could result in your condition. My 3650 is lifted about half an inch, so 1/16" seems like something is out of whack. Have you compared your setup to one at HD? Maybe bring in a digital picture of yours and/or take a pic of one of theirs to help reconcile the differences? Good luck!

Comment

The first time I tried to put it together, I installed the back part of the lift under the angle braces. I also tightened the bolts up all the way (thought I could do it without reading instructions). I couldn't get it to move at all. This could be the problem if you left the nut flush with the end of the bolt. When it's right, it moves a good inch or more.

Comment

Working...
        X