Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R2400 Lam Trimmer

Hey Guys,

I was just watching Norm build a Cowboy Credenza and noted that he was using a Porter Cable Lam trimmer with a router base. I have been searching the Ridgid site to see if one was offered from Ridgid and have had no luck. I suppose I could build one from some clear Lexan, but basically, I am just looking for Accessories for my plethora of Ridgid tools. Anyone got any info?

Re: R2400 Lam Trimmer

I don't understand the question?

Comment

Yankee,

The subject of "extras" for the 2400 has been raised a couple of times and to my knowledge, Ridgid hasn't answered the call yet. Like others, I agree that some of the accessories available to other brands would be nice to have with the Ridgid 2400. Hopefully somebody at TTI (the manufacturer) will take notice. Otherwise it's a pretty nice laminate trimmer that is fairly limited to just trimming laminate.

CWS
      Last edited by CWSmith; 11-17-2007, 08:21 PM.

Comment

I have never used my 2400 to trim laminate - I have never laminated anything. Anytime I have a bit that will fit into the opening I go for the 2400. I use it most often for roundovers and flush trimming. I find it much easier to control than any of my other full sized routers. When I have time I plan to make a baseplate from Lexan. I like to be able to see the bit as I work.

Tom

Comment

Rockler is offering the following for the Bosch Colt:

You may be able to drill holes for your Ridgid laminate trimmer. At $9.99 it may be worth your while...
          "It's always something...That's how they getcha'..."

Comment

Working...
          X