I posted this project a few weeks ago before I started the finishing process. I promised I would post more pics when I got done so here they are. You should know that the finish was not my idea, it was the customer's. I told my wife I wouldn't pay $5 for this thing at a garage sale but this is what she wanted. The top is sprayed with black lacquer. The leg/stretcher was coated with a black primer and then took 5 coats of Valspar's Gold Metal Patina Glaze. I then sanded some areas to rough it up and expose some of the black underneath. I then put on a coat of Mohawk's Van Dyke Brown Finishers Glaze. The whole thing was then sprayed with semi-gloss lacquer. This was a challenging project for me but I'm glad I'm done with it. I'm ready to move onto something new.
No announcement yet.