X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished Table

I posted this project a few weeks ago before I started the finishing process. I promised I would post more pics when I got done so here they are. You should know that the finish was not my idea, it was the customer's. I told my wife I wouldn't pay $5 for this thing at a garage sale but this is what she wanted. The top is sprayed with black lacquer. The leg/stretcher was coated with a black primer and then took 5 coats of Valspar's Gold Metal Patina Glaze. I then sanded some areas to rough it up and expose some of the black underneath. I then put on a coat of Mohawk's Van Dyke Brown Finishers Glaze. The whole thing was then sprayed with semi-gloss lacquer. This was a challenging project for me but I'm glad I'm done with it. I'm ready to move onto something new.
    Attached Files

Re: Finished Table

i think it looks nice but i also think the top needs some kind of a design, but i am sure you will be very busy in the next few weeks making end tables
    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

IT IS DROP DEAD GORGEOUS!!!!!!Wish I could do work like that!!!
      You can never have enough drills-too many is just enough!!!!!

Comment

Very nice work! Thanks for sharing. Black lacquer work is never easy.

Steve

Comment

That's a real beauty rnt80

Very nice job on that
          Cheers! - Jim
          -------------
          All truth passes through three stages: First it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Schopenhauer

Comment

Very interesting piece in my opinion.

The simple block design of the top in black really offsets the terrific curve work and detail of the legs. I'm not sure if I would have liked my client choosing to show some wear on the gold, but the color itself certainly highlights the elegance of the work, which is very nice indeed.

The talent and patience that it took to make this piece is really a fine example of the kind of work that we all wish we could achieve.

Thanks for sharing this with us,

CWS

Comment

You should be proud of the leg work, with that said, I cant stand the top. Please bear in mind that is my "personal opinion". It just seems like a waste to me for the effort that you put into the legs.

With that said, your work looks good.

Regards,

Comment

Great work, rnt80! It really looks great. Sometimes doing what the customer wants isn't what we'd do or like, but it's what they want that we gotta do. Your work really shows a high level of professionalism. Great job.
                I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

A nice piece of marble or granite would really finish this off nicely...
                  Cheers! - Jim
                  -------------
                  All truth passes through three stages: First it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Schopenhauer

Comment

Working...
                  X