DP Mortiser

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DP Mortiser

Has anybody used the DP1500 and Detla mortising attachment. I bought them both on the recommendation from HP Employee. I had already decided on the DP, so that wasn't an issue. It looks like the chuck is not going up ver far on the arbor. The mortising attachment just barely fits and even so only about 1/4 of the attachment hits the collar without the chuck touching the lower part of the chisel holder. Is there some way to get the chuck farther up on the spindle?

The Delta attachment will not fit the RIDGID drill press due to differences in the chuck heights. There is a mortising kit available from RIDGID.

Here: http://www.ridgidparts.com/accessories/AC6005.phtml

Jake

Comment

Somehow I figured that was going to be an issue, not to get them to try and take it back since I can't find the receipt.

Comment

Jake, Will the Chisels for the Delta fit the Rigid Mortiser?

Comment

Allen HD will take it back once you explain what you told us. They'll give you a credit (like a gift card). Buy the ridgid mortising attachment with the credit and pay the difference if there is one. [img]smile.gif[/img]
          Semper Fi <BR>Chuck<BR>USMC 66-70

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Allen Bryant:
            Jake, Will the Chisels for the Delta fit the Rigid Mortiser?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes the chisels should fit.

Jake

Comment

Working...
            X