X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3650 Protective tape

I used the search function to try and find an answer to my question but couldn't find anything so here it goes. I've had my 3650 for about 3 years and within the last few months the protective film/tape that covers the fence scale is coming off. I'm inclined to pull all of it off, however, I had a friend that did that and he said that the scale was sticky underneath and would get covered with sawdust and woodchips. Anyone else having this problem or has anyone pulled the film off without having further issues?

Re: 3650 Protective tape

I peeled mine off after the first couple of months. Mine wasn't sticky underneath. (And if it was, a bit of Goof-off or Dissolve-It would make quick work of it)

Comment

Originally posted by rnt80 View Post
      I used the search function to try and find an answer to my question but couldn't find anything so here it goes. I've had my 3650 for about 3 years and within the last few months the protective film/tape that covers the fence scale is coming off. I'm inclined to pull all of it off, however, I had a friend that did that and he said that the scale was sticky underneath and would get covered with sawdust and woodchips. Anyone else having this problem or has anyone pulled the film off without having further issues?
      I removed the tape when I setup the saw about a year and a half ago. No issues then, none now.

Comment

I removed the tape from mine the first week I had my 3650 (it's about a month old now) and it left the ruler to the left of the blade sticky (the other side is fine). Tried Goo-Gone but no help. I'm gonna try lighter fluid (naptha) when I remember to buy I can. Used to use that years ago when I was in retail to remove the glue left behind by price labels.

Anyone else have this problem?

Comment

Working...
        X