X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Router combo and Porter Cable Dovetail Jig

Has anyone used the Ridgid Router with the Porter Cable 4210 Jig?

Are there any problems with this combination?

Also, does anyone know of a router table that will fit this Router?

Re: Ridgid Router combo and Porter Cable Dovetail Jig

I don't have the P-C dovetail jig (still trying to make up my mind which dovetail jig to buy), but I see no reason why it shouldn't be okay. One of the two bases, will take P-C style template guides, so I can't think of any reason why there should be a problem. Also, I don't think dovetail jigs in general pose a problem with compatibility to any router. Biggest problem in my mind would be finding guide's that will fit the router's base.

Regarding a router table, there are several choices, but I purchased a router table package from Rockler. http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=894 The model 23293 will come with a mounting plate that is compatible with the Ridgid 2900. You'll need to buy a leg set or build your own for the table top.

I'd also recommend the 53756 Accessory Kit and the 35174 Guide Bushing Insert. Both Rockler and Lee-Valley have brass guide bushing that can be used with this particular insert. They are used to close the hole around a particular router bit, to decrease the chance of having scrap getting caught in the clearance.

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

I use the PC 4212 dovetail jig (very similar to the 4210) with a Ridgid router -- no problems. The bushings fit just fine. As for a router table, I have a Bosch bench top enclosed table that works well with the Ridgid router. I think the Ridgid base is pretty standard and will fit most any table designed to accept common routers.

Welcome aboard!

Steve

Originally posted by mkingry View Post
      Has anyone used the Ridgid Router with the Porter Cable 4210 Jig?

Are there any problems with this combination?

Also, does anyone know of a router table that will fit this Router?

Comment

I have the PC 4210 and it work fine. I do wish I had held out for the Leigh. The infinitely adjustable fingers are a nice feature for a few bucks more.

Comment

Working...
        X