Jointer Mobility?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jointer Mobility?

Hi Ya'll, just completed assembly of my eleventh(yeah!) Ridgid tool, the JP0610. My question today is, have any of you mounted casters under one of these, and how well has it worked out? Just too bad you can't mount a Herc-u-lift horizontally under one of these! Any thoughts on casters or other options will be appreciated.

John.

John---for splayed leg tools, like the jointer, I used the Delta mobile base, which you make up with hardwood rails. I put one on my old Delta jointer and it was fantastic--extremely stable when down and smooth as silk to move when up.
    Dave

Comment

John, I made my own. Oblong cross with a castor on each corner, 1"x3" Maple or any strong wood. Full swivel castors on all four ends, with foot locks. The oblong cross is half lapped and projecting ends rounded for safety. Lift the jointer on and a screw or wood block at each corner and you have it. The thing I liked on the finished product was that the working height was much more to my liking.

Cheers Ivor

Comment

Here is a look at the Harbor Freight offering. It may be just what you need!
        http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=41915

rick
        Every project I start is a gamble.

Comment

John,

I just purchased a Delta mobile base for my jointer. I chose the Delta because it is solid, has the single foot operated lever to raise and lower the stand. I found one that was very close to the right size (just a bit bigger) and put 3/4" plywood down. It works great. It a good mobile base for about $95.00.

Regards,

Terry

Comment

Thanks all for the suggestions. I ended up using a piece of grey faced MDF cut to the template of the legs, and 4 good locking casters from Woodcraft($16 ea). Works great! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X