Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What type of router bit do I need for this profile?

Hi all,

I am making some Shaker style pegboard to hang above a bookcase. I would just buy it from one of the mfgr's but I need to fabricate it out of heart pine to match the bookcase. This is a link to the pictures of the pegboard I would like to duplicate: http://www.shakerworkshops.com/catal...-Pegboard/F604

If anyone could steer me to the correct bit,(or bits) to make this profile I would be appreciative of your help.

Re: What type of router bit do I need for this profile?

That looks to me like a beading bit. Most manufactures make them in a variety of sizes.
    Attached Files

Comment

Ok, I think that type will work, my boards are 3/4" thick, so which size bit do you think I would need? Thanks

Comment

It depends on how much of a bead you want. Id say 3/8" if it were me. You dont want the bead too wide.

Its all opinion though

Comment

Okay, that sounds good to me. Thanks so much for the reply and help. If you are ever looking for nice heart pine, my friend runs a mill. They turn out some flooring that is really nice. The stock has so much heart pitch though, your saw blade has to be cleaned pretty often.

Comment

Working...
          X