Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Office Story.....

Hi All,

Wow...it's been a long time since I have posted here. I have quite the story to tell. There have been many life changing events over the past few months as follows:

1: The Matriarch of my very large family (my Mother) passed away. Taking care of my Dad took some time and effort and I have been very involved with that over the past few months with lots of trauma along the way as you might imagine.

2. The customer who had originally commissioned the office project forgot to pay me for the bookcase after it was done (for 2 months) and decided he did not want to complete the rest of the project, so I repossessed it (another very interesting story unto itself). I subsequently canceled the rest of the project and decided to complete it for my own use. See below.

3. In the meantime, I installed a 2.5 HP vac system in the shop (again, another long story) and that was a major financial drain for the business, but most welcome as far as productivity and convenience.

4. My Father is selling the old house (more like a compound) and I get to:
    a. build a new room for him where my current shop is, and
    b. Build a new workshop for me in the backyard ( I have some serious plans!!) with a garage for the wife and her new car.

I have been lurking in this site for months and following all of your plans and progress with great envy (particularly the Birdhouse Master "John from Brussels") and am anxious to be welcomed back into the fold of the wonderful woodworking community that resides here.

The story of the Office Project can be found HERE

God Bless you all.

Zeno
    “Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world.” —Thomas Carlyle

Re: The Office Story.....

zenophus, great to see you back on the board. It really has been a long time. Sorry to hear about your mom. Sounds like you have a lot of stuff going on.

Welcome back!

Josh

Comment

Wow, sorry to hear about your loss, and it can get strange besides sad, when something like that occurs. Thats nice that your bringing your Dad closer to you, I wish more younger generation would do this for their folks. I have also mentioned the same thing to my Mother in Law, to no prevail. She lives in the country and at the age of 70, she should be thinking of moving into town. But that is where she has been living for many years and refuses to move. The offer will always stand for her.

Nice job on the wood working, thanks for sharing the pictures...
      Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Zeno,

Very sorry for your loss. It will be nice to see you back on the forum, keep us informed on your projects.

CWS

Comment

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts. I have always enjoyed this forum and the quality of people who post their work and advice here.

Thanks again..

Zeno
          “Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world.” —Thomas Carlyle

Comment

Working...
          X