X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2400ls

I need a table saw and while I'd love a 3650 its way to big for my garage/driveway.I like the fence and sliding table, Plus it would be great to fold it up and move out of the way. My question is how well this saw holds its settings and general usefullness. Besides the normal casual usage I plan on making some bookcaes and naybe some other small pieces o furniture.
    I was looking at a bt3100 or a rockwell and was thinking about a mobile stand like the ridgid or something similar. I've been looking at table saws for about a month and I think the 2400ls looks just lovely to me .

The 2400 is a jobsite saw that excels at being moved, so it should hold it's settings well. It was also well-reviewed by Workbench Magazine recently.

But is it legal to describe a tool as "lovely"? (See Tim "the toolman" Taylor for more appropriate adjectives!) "arrhh, arrhh, arrhh"...

Comment

KRS36112: Forum member cannot use "lovely" to decribe any woodworking item or activity. Anyone violating this will be subject to instant ridicule by one or more members of said forum.

Comment

I had been looking at table saws the last couple of years and needed portability for my small shop. I finally bought the DeWalt DW744S. The rack & pinion fence adjustment is really slick, but I kept looking at the saw and thinking $499???
        Then I saw the TS2400LS! I returned the DeWalt and bought the RIDGID. The 2400 is really a great saw; good, accurate fence, heavy duty stand, on board storage for power cord, miter gauge, fence, and blade guard. The blade guard mounts on the rear of the unit requiring no tools, just a hand knob...great design! I was really impressed with the factory accuracy "out of the box". Of all the "benchtop" table saws this is the best. This RIDGID makes the DeWalt look like a toy.

Comment

ok for the description of the saw how about "boss" or "*****en" or the ever so popular "dandy"

Comment

Ok, all is well! Welcome to the forum Tim!

Comment

2400ls.Must mean" 24" Lovely Saw"
              He's right!
              \"Is it Friday yet?\"

Comment

Cummins is selling reconditioned Ridgid tools now. I was at one of their traveling shows yesterday, they have the TS2400 priced at $359.

Comment

Working...
                X