X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• introduction and router question

Hi this is the first time posting. I am very new to woodworking and I only classify myself as a novice. I have learned so much since I have found this forum. I have a 3612 and I would like to build a router table to the right side and extend my fence with a face and dust collector built in so I can have one table and fence for both. My shop is a low overhead 1 car garage and I am trying to be as creative as possible to maximize my space. Has anyone done this? If so do you have some pictures that I could see so I can gather ideas for this project?

Hello Eric,

Welcome to the forum.
    I think the link below will help you. It's what i put on my 3612.Works just fine. Hope it helps.

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...id=00925351000

Ralph
    <a href=\"http://www.woodshopphotos.com/gallery/Ralphs-workshop\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodshopphotos.com/gallery/Ralphs-workshop</a><br /><br />I can fix anything......where\'s the duct tape ?? :-)

Comment

Eric,
      Take a look at the router table I made. Router table photo (click here). Let me know if you are interested in any more info.

Steve

Comment

steve it looks like that link doesnt provide a pic???? I would love to see the pic though

Comment

steve it looks like that link doesnt provide a pic???? I would love to see the pic though

Comment

Comment

I present this one in the spirit of showing what can be done if you're completely insane and don't have the first clue when to quit:

http://users2.ev1.net/~arbuckle/ripping/3090001.jpg
              http://users2.ev1.net/~arbuckle/ripping/DWAshop06.jpg

Dave [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Dave,
                It appears that there are two fences: the TS rip fence and one perpindicular to that. My plan is to build a similar setup with an auxiliary, split fence mounted to the TS fence, but I'm not clear what the purpose of the other fence is?

Comment

Wow Dave I was looking for much simplier ideas. Yours, while it is impressive, I don't have the kind of money or time for a setup like yours, but I do appreciate your imagination. I already have a cheap ryobi router table that I think I will use but I am trying to mount this to my table. Has anyone done this?

Comment

Just posted this on the other router table thread too .. Here's my 3650 setup .. still need to make the miter slots and auxilery fence .. was simple, and about $10 in materials + the $50 rosseau plate

Comment

Yogibear, it's an Incra fence. That piece at right angles to the fence is the positioning mechanism.

Eric, didn't mean to taunt, hopefully there's something everywhere to pick up a little info from.

Dave

Comment

bigdaddy that is exactly what I am looking to do. How did you attach to the wing? Do have more of a support to the right to help support the router? The outfeed table is something I am wanting to upgrade along with adding some storage that attaches to the table.

If you could give me some detailed shots of this setup would be great if you have time.

Comment

bigdaddy that is exactly what I am looking to do. How did you attach to the wing? Do have more of a support to the right to help support the router? The outfeed table is something I am wanting to upgrade along with adding some storage that attaches to the table.

If you could give me some detailed shots of this setup would be great if you have time.

Comment

Sorry Eric,
                            I am still struggling with some of these advanced forum functions. I will send you some photos via email.
                            I would like a lesson from Dave A. on how to include photos in my posts.
                            Steve

Comment

Ok guys, I want to get in on the fun too, but don't know how to post a pic to this forum. I don't have a website or host, but would like to share a pic of my "slightly" modified 2424. Help!

Comment

Working...
                              X