X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Table Saw Work Station

Outstanding work, RNT80! That really looks great. Sort of like what you'd get from a "Trick my Saw" episode! I can't imagine the hours it took to get that done, and especially since you did such a great job of it.
    Last edited by VASandy; 12-03-2007, 09:59 AM.
    I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Agreed, great looking set up. It does look like a lot of time and effor went into a great final product! While I don't have the room for such a design myself, it does make me want to start getting ready to build the router station I have been putting off for too long!
      Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Very nicely done!

Shop Notes #89 has a similar work station that I had put on the back burner - yours has inspired me to pull the plans back out.

Well done!

Steve
        "It's always something...That's how they getcha'..."

Comment

Great work. Ive bought all the mags I could find the last 2 weeks and have not been able to find the plans. can you please let us know where we can purchase a set?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Sstab, I sent you a pm.

Comment

It looks beautiful, and it must help with the dust on both sides (saw and router)

I found the plans in ShopNotes 89, but I don't think those are the plans you're talking about... So, what plans? Looking at the SN plans, I worry about the table supporting the weight of the saw and the workpiece and the operator leaning on it. A 3650 is over 300 lbs, I think. Does it feel pretty secure?

Second, what are you using for casters? Do they lift off, putting the table down flat, or do you just lock them?

Finally, did you do something tricky so that the motor can swing out to 45 degrees? I didn't see anything, but the picture's not that instructive on that.*

Cheers

Comment

Can you provide me with a link to the SMC forum where you got the design for the legs. Also where did you get the metal braces that attaches you table to your saw, also how is it attached to your outfeed top?

Thanks

J.

Comment

Originally posted by b2pi View Post
                  It looks beautiful, and it must help with the dust on both sides (saw and router)

I found the plans in ShopNotes 89, but I don't think those are the plans you're talking about... So, what plans? Looking at the SN plans, I worry about the table supporting the weight of the saw and the workpiece and the operator leaning on it. A 3650 is over 300 lbs, I think. Does it feel pretty secure?

Second, what are you using for casters? Do they lift off, putting the table down flat, or do you just lock them?

Finally, did you do something tricky so that the motor can swing out to 45 degrees? I didn't see anything, but the picture's not that instructive on that.*

Cheers
                  The plans I based my workstation off of are from Wood Magazine. The casters I used are 4" swivels. If I had to do it over again I'd probably use 6 instead of 4 since this thing weighs a ton. The underside of the outfeed table is notched out about 1/8" to accomodate the swing of the motor.

Comment

Now, that's a beaut. I've gotta ask where you got the hampster tubing for the dust collection. Do you have blast gates to regulate which too gets service?
                    Later,
                    Chiz

Comment

That's an awesome setup!

Comment

Nice work, Got Truck? What did you laminate on the top? also when you did your mitre guides did you T Slot them to accept the washer or did you make your slots oversize to accept the washer on your Mitre Guide?

Thanks

Comment

The tubing is from the Ridgid dust collection system. It includes the blast gates, a variety of connections and some hose as well. I didn't use any laminate, just melamine. I didn't want to go through the hassle of laminating something when the melamine works just as well as far as I can tell. The miter slots are not slotted. In fact you can make those oversized, as many people do. They are not there to guide the miter gauge, your miter slots in the ts will do that. They are simply there as an outlet. Thanks for all the kind words. I have to admit that I love using this thing. It makes everything a lot safer and easier.

Comment

Thanks for the info, I am in the process of building a outfeed table for my 2400LS that is free standing and portable. I am building it out of MDF and wanted to put somthing on the top and was not sure what to use and was unsure how I was going to do the mitre relief slots. The info you just gave me will save me alot of time and effort, I do appreciate it.

Comment

rnt80:

You mentioned you got the plans for your legs somewhere, can you provide me with a link where I can get the Plans?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Here's the link for the legs.
                                http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/showgallery.php?cat=1012

Comment

Working...
                                X