X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dado

Any thoughts on the freud sd608 dial a dado and the ts3650? Is this a good combo? Will it fit the arbor? Don't wanna drop the $238.00 without checking...

Re: Dado

It'll fit the arbor but you won't be able to expand it to full width because of the thickness of the hub on the 608. An SD508 has the same tooth configuration without the dial-a-width feature. The 3650 will accept the full stack of the 508 if you leave off the arbor washer...a commonly accepted practice.

Comment

I find dial-a-dado's don't give you a flat bottom to your dados.

Comment

Are you r thinking of the old wobble dados? They're terrible. The Freud Dial-A-Dado is a quite different item.
        Joe Spear

Comment

I was under the impression the the Sd608 had a 1" long hub, which is too long for the 3650 even without the shoulder washer. I would check it out before buying.

Go
          Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Originally posted by Ross Creek View Post
            I find dial-a-dado's don't give you a flat bottom to your dados.
            Most dado sets have ATB ground teeth on the outside cutters which leave little "bat ears" on each edge of the dado. Other than that, a good set like the Freud should leave a pretty flat bottom.

Comment

Think I'll just go with the sd208 for starters. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Working...
              X