Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

Everyone Should Watch This with Thier Eyes Closed.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone Should Watch This with Thier Eyes Closed.

Safety, Safety, Safety. Please watch this video and remember to be careful! One accident and it is all over.

HERE

Z.
    “Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world.” —Thomas Carlyle

Re: Everyone Should Watch This with Thier Eyes Closed.

phew... I thought I was gonna see someones fingers being cut off like on UHF (weird al movie)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qyb3epIAy2A

Comment

Originally posted by zenophus View Post
      Safety, Safety, Safety. Please watch this video and remember to be careful! One accident and it is all over.

HERE

Z.

1 accident every 9 mins? WOW

That's alot of fingers

I would imagine not long from now that type of blade technology would be standard equipment on most major saw manufacturers

Comment

Oh Josh...Your incouragable!

I haven't seen that movie in ages!! LOL!!
        “Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world.” —Thomas Carlyle

Comment

My Dad cut off two fingers and mangled a third on a table saw, using a shaper head. I was 14 at the time and was there to see it all. I can still here the sound and remember the aftermath.

It was one of those events that you don't ever forget!

CWS

Comment

If I ever get a tablesaw it will be a saw stop. You need all your fingers to play sax!!!
            You can never have enough drills-too many is just enough!!!!!

Comment

SawStop saws seem to be really well made, not to mention the great safety system. They're a bit pricey, though. Not really in the budget any time soon. I'll just have to rely on safety procedures and be careful.
              I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

While the SawStop saw is extremely well made with a lot of excellent features, it is very overpriced as well. Let's not forget that the makers of SawStop tried to get their proprietary technology forced by law into every tablesaw in America (so they get a cut out of every saw made, regardless) and only started making their saws after their attempt failed.

Let's also not forget that millions upon millions of woodworkers have gone their entire lives without serious accident or injury and SawStop will not stop you from having an accident, it'll just (hopefully) reduce the injury.

The only way to reduce your risk of serious accident or injury is using your head and working safely. Relying on technology and acting stupidly is never a good combination.

Comment

Why would anyone rely on technology to replace their brain I have seen too many malfunctions with safety add-ons.

Comment

I kept picturing the video while I was on the saws at work today. Our shop has an unbelievable track record. Weve sent a few people in for "dumb dumb wounds" (myself included) but havent had a major incident in about 15 years. Our workmans comp keeps checking up to see if we are covering anything up, but we have good user friendly guards and they are almost always in use (there are times they cant be though)

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                      1 accident every 9 mins? WOW

That's alot of fingers

I would imagine not long from now that type of blade technology would be standard equipment on most major saw manufacturers
                      The only question I would have here is what these numbers refer to. An accident doesn't necessarily mean an ampuation related incident. Could this number also include kickbacks, stalls, or other such items which could constitute an accident? Not to downplay the hazards around any saw, let alone a table saw, but this video is clearly for marketing and any good marketing person will choose their words wisely to captivate the audience into buying their product. I agree with other comments on here that nothing is better than common sense. But it is a neat saw and has great safety features none the less.
                      Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Anyone out there with employees can appreciate the video. It sent my head spinning thing about multimillion dollar settlements. It is easy to talk about using your head and not rely on gadgets...but everyone has dumb moments. When an employee has a family to feed they will probably show up for work once or twice with other things on their mind. It is times like that people wind up missing fingers. I like the idea I just can't afford the price tag right now.

Just my 2 pennies worth
                        Dave

Comment

One day, my kids will be in my shop using my tools. Hopefully by then this technology will be available at a reasonable price on any table saw. Rest assured, they will be trained properly, but piece of mind is priceless. If it does in deed work consistently without false positives it's a no-brainer.
                          “If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace” - Thomas Paine

Comment

I had two fingers amputated in 1993 by a hydraulic wood splitter, moral to the story is too many cooks spoil the broth, in other words too many users of any piece of equipment can result in an accident no matter how careful you are trying to be, I reached in to reposition a large log and the lever operator who was my mother in law at the time did not see me reach in and pushed the lever at the right (or wrong) time and amputated the index and middle finger of my right hand. Not her fault at all, just a freak accident. Please do not allow anyone to assist you in operating a dangerous piece of equipment. It was getting late and we were trying to finish a large pile of wood before dark and just got too careless!!!! Did not mean to bore you with details, just wanted to share a true to life horror story. I have two fingers amputated below the first knuckle of each. Doesn't sound like much but the pain and recovery was grueling at best.
                            ________
                            HASH
                            Last edited by newtowood; 02-11-2011, 01:03 AM.
                            It is amazing how long it takes to complete a project you are not working on!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveA(MD) View Post
                              One day, my kids will be in my shop using my tools. Hopefully by then this technology will be available at a reasonable price on any table saw. Rest assured, they will be trained properly, but piece of mind is priceless. If it does in deed work consistently without false positives it's a no-brainer.

Quoting myself.....at an MSRP of $2,799.00 for the base model, it will never make an appearance in my shop....
                              “If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace” - Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                              X