Suggested base or stand for a Ridgid R4330

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Suggested base or stand for a Ridgid R4330

I haven't got my bill yet but I think that the brackets were about $22/each and then shipping put the total at approx. $52. That should be close.

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyS View Post
      I haven't got my bill yet but I think that the brackets were about $22/each and then shipping put the total at approx. $52. That should be close.
      Thanks for the update. I don't really like to take up more space in my finite workspace but I may discover some use of a bracket-less MSUV.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
        Consider using a RIDGID MSUV for your planer. When not in use, you just fold it up and store it away in a corner.
        If anyone is looking for a version of the old model MSUV check out the new Craftsman Professional BenchTop Tool Stand model# 009-22338 http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...22338&sLevel=0

It has all the virtues of the older MSUV plus some new extras like worklight, 10ft cord and integrated safety switch. Folds up and has a flat working surface like the original MSUV
        Last edited by reConx; 04-24-2008, 08:50 AM. Reason: update

Comment

I don't have them, but I have a friend who has a drill press, a CMS, and an oscillating sander all mounted on the Husky X-sawhorses. He added wheels so that they move pretty easily. They seem pretty sturdy (and are rated for 750 pounds each). He added some cross-bracing for the stand under the CMS because he said it seemed a bit more prone to shaking than the other two - I don't know whether this was (a) particular to that one X-sawhorse, or (b) a general property of all of them. He seems happy with them and they seem (to me, anyway) at least adequate for the job.

I think they are about $35 each at HD and/or Lowes.

As usual YMMV and will probably be less than the advertised mileage...

Comment

Working...
          X