X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggested base or stand for a Ridgid R4330

The three blade planer model R4330 sure has my attention for the next equipment addition for my shop. My floor space is so limited that I am highly concerned about a base and its dimensions. I'd like to hear what others have experienced in their purchase of either the TP1300 or the R4330. Thanks!

Re: Suggested base or stand for a Ridgid R4330

Consider using a RIDGID MSUV for your planer. When not in use, you just fold it up and store it away in a corner.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Interesting... do people use the MSUV for things other than mitre saws?

Can you buy the mounting parts separately so you can easily swap out the tools on it?

Comment

Dave's idea of using the MSUV is good. There was another member on here a while back that posted pictures of his setup on the MSUV and how he seemed to like it. I have the TP1300, and it came with a stand (and I can't remember now if it came with the Herc-U-lift or if I bought it seperately) so it is mobile and works just fine for my needs.
        Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

I'd probably inquire Ridgid to see if a stand is available, planned, or if the TP1300 stand can be purchased through their parts operation. Sears and Rockler also offer "universal" stands.

CWS

Comment

I put my old Dewalt planer on the older Ridgid MSUV and it works great. I had to drill a couple mounting holes into the stand as the Dewalt planer bolt locations didn't all line up. It's a great little stand and works perfectly with the planer. Since the stand can fold up and store vertically with the planer mounted on it, it's really useful.
            I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

I made a ugly but super-simple stand with casters for my DeWalt Planer out of 2x4s and some scrap plywood. The bottom shelf of the stand is where I keep my pancake compressor, for no reason other than it fits there. :-)

Comment

I bought the R4330 recently and the salesman at the local HD here gave me the stand with the display model (the older TP1300LS) for free. I originally wanted to get the display model which was on clearance but he recommended against it as he was not too sure what shape the older model was in. He gave me the stand as is (the box and everything else could not be found.) I got home and put it together and it was missing the 2 long crosspieces so I went back to see if they could find them but they were still AWOL :-) I ended up buying the Husky Heavy Duty X-Sawhorse table (here is a review)
                http://benchmark.20m.com/reviews/Hus...rseReview.html

I mounted the planer on 3/4" MDF and bolted it to the table and added an adjustable roller base so I can move it around easily. I modified the table by adding 2x4 crossmembers to the legs to minimize the shimmy I was getting when adjusting the cutterhead height (when planing there was almost no wobble but I needed an excuse to modify it...at least that's what my wife said). All in all, I paid less than the cost of buying a new Ridgid stand for it and am very pleased.

As for the old stand with the missing parts, I ripped some 1/2" MDF on the table saw and resized the crosspieces to make a stand for my Delta Benchtop drill press. I think I made out pretty good. Good luck

Comment

I put my 4330 on top of a roll around craftsman tool box and it works like a charm, however I did have to relocate the top box on a workbench which I had planned to do anyway. I really like the height of the planer on the tool box, saves a lot of back pain!

________
                  CALIFORNIA DISPENSARIES
                  Last edited by newtowood; 02-11-2011, 01:04 AM.
                  It is amazing how long it takes to complete a project you are not working on!

Comment

I have all my smaller tools(morticer, router table, small belt sander, miter saw, scroll saw) bolted to plywood with maple cleats on the bottoms and clamp them into my Workmate when I need them. This allows many stand mounted tools with only one stand. And unlike a metal machine stand, you have the ability to fold it up and store the Workmate out of the way(and of course, use the Workmate for Workmate type things).

Comment

Originally posted by newtowood View Post
                      I put my 4330 on top of a roll around craftsman tool box and it works like a charm, however I did have to relocate the top box on a workbench which I had planned to do anyway. I really like the height of the planer on the tool box, saves a lot of back pain!
                      I did the same hting. I used this one http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...et+Color%7CRed
                      that I bought on sale. The drawers and bottom compartment provide a lot of storage and it moves easily in my small shop. Along with the craftsman roller supports front and rear, I've had no trouble with this setup.
                      Do like you always do,,,,,,Get what you always get!!

Comment

here is my base got it at canadian tire when they are on sale
                        Attached Files
                        §m€llŸ™

Comment

I have my 1300 on a roll around table from an office supply store. Most of the time I just roll it out the door and don't bother with using the DC.
                          info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

I ordered another pair of the mounting brackets for the MSUV. You have to use the inner mounting holes on the R4330. If you don't enlarge the holes, you have to use 1/4" carriage bolts. That MSUV is as slick for the planer as it is for the miter saw. Once the mounting brackets are attached to the planer, time to switch between the planer and the miter saw is less than a minute. Ridgid should market this application and have those mounting brackets available in the stores.

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyS View Post
                              I ordered another pair of the mounting brackets for the MSUV. You have to use the inner mounting holes on the R4330. If you don't enlarge the holes, you have to use 1/4" carriage bolts. That MSUV is as slick for the planer as it is for the miter saw. Once the mounting brackets are attached to the planer, time to switch between the planer and the miter saw is less than a minute. Ridgid should market this application and have those mounting brackets available in the stores.
                              What is Ridgid asking for the mounting brackets plus shipping? If the price is close to the current cost of the MSUV I may just buy another MSUV unit for the mounting brackets and use the extra MSUV for something else.
                              Thanks
                              Last edited by reConx; 04-21-2008, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X