X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Bob Dueker, Riser Block?

I sent you my mailing address as your request. I have not received the replacement riser block yet per our agreement concerning all the misfortunes of my band saw ordeal.

Just wondering if you still plan on sending it? It's been a year since the whole ordeal has started. Per my last Email, as of the 1st, I had to remove the one on my saw per the deal I had struck to off the damaged band saw shipped to me. What I'm hearing is that the new riser won't fit the old band saw models, which I have. So, I'm stuck here. Buying a new one won't do me much good now.

It's looking more like Ridgid has forgotten about me again, and I'm on hold again.

Just let me know, I grow tired of waiting for things that never come, or come so damaged they are useless.

Woody
    John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Woody
    I thought Ridgid bought the saw back from you.
    Steve

Comment

Thanks for the Email Bob. On my side, the Email went through ok, so I took it you got it. But now... my address is on file? OK. I'll have to live with it. Was it too hard to look up before with 10 machines on file? Guess so!

Bob's reply (C&P)

I checked with our service department and they replied that there was an "inventory problem" with the riser block kit. They also informed me that you should get yours next week. I will stay in contact with them and let you know the status.

Also, just for the record, to the best of my knowledge I never received your email with your address. However, I believe we have in on record.

Thanks!

And there we have it. Buy Ridgid, have parts issue. And will the new riser kit fit my pre-OWT bandsaw? Time will tell. I have never in my life experienced more down time on a tool than with this band saw. And they dropped the RAS? Which serves me so well in intricate cuts and precission angles. For God's sake, Who is ever calling the shots at Ridgid, FIRE thier worthless Friggin Arss and get someone in there that has a Clue before it's all too late! If you own Ridgid, it's already TOO LATE.

The point of it all was to MOVE FORWARD, but it seams it has move only to point of sale, End of business. BAD Ridgid. Move up, Move away...Bypass Ridgid at all costs. It's like buying a new car with the sticker that says, "AS IS".

[ 04-15-2004, 10:04 PM: Message edited by: UO_Woody ]
      John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

Woody,

Where are you getting the info that the new riser blocks won't fit the old bandsaws? I have a new riser block and the old gray BS1400. Mine fits, but it lines up improperly. I'm working on getting some space so I can post a pic of how mine looks. I did write Tech Support at Ridgid and rec'd a response that basically said "don't worry about it." Not sure if I'm being anal or what... but a 1/4" off center alignment of the riser to the riser block does not seem "right." Will be looking for opinions from more knowledgable users once I get the pic up...

-- Sam

Comment

Well if the new riser puts the flywheels 1/4" off center, I would have been better off giving the guy the NEW Riser kit...IF it ever comes... and keeping what I had. That was only off 3/32 of an inch off.

I give up. Some how, some way, I'm finding the funds to replace this totally incompatent engineered piece of crap Ridgid calls a band saw. Customer Service, the tools them selves has went staight for the toilet. What I can't believe is people is still buying this crap! They are capitalizing on the Ridgid name through it's reputation of the plumbing and pipe fitting line of tools, by selling 1/2 rate machines to those who trust the Ridgid name. It's pure BS!

The Woodworking line of tools is pure crap. Read the posts. Batteries failing after only 3 months. Twice that long to get replacements. Parts are always on back order / out of stock. What a way to run a business. Stores have no stock, HD says they never heard of the product, etc...

Ridgid, you'll see not one post of prase from me again. You'll not see one penny of my money again. ***----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------***

What you proven to us Ridgid is you take the money and run. Communist money mongers. Sell out your fellow American's jobs, deliver defective goods, and put us on hold in hopes we will just go away for warranty service and replacements.

Ridgid, (SPITS) the toilet line of tools for fools to soon part with their money. This is one fool that has been fooled for the last time. The gloves are on, and taped tight! "DING" Round one begins.

[ 04-18-2004, 02:00 AM: Message edited by: UO_Woody ]

Comment

Woody,

As we are all aware, you have had some issues with Ridgid and have vented here time after time about those issues. You crossed the line however when you say that anyone who doesn't agree with you must have their head up their a$$. Your fellow woodworkers here did nothing to deserve that insult. Vent all you want but keep the fight between you and Ridgid and leave the innocents alone.

Dave
            Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

ditto - what badger dave said.

Comment

Sorry Woody But enough is enough. We all know you are hurt with Ridgid but it is time to move on.

Comment

I appologize to one and all. I was the one with my head up my back side when I made that post.
                  I have edited my post with the insult to fellow woodworkers and removed that sentance.

Comes a time in life when you "must let go".
                  That time is now. 8 of my machines I'm happy with. Because of the band saw, I'm saying goodbye to Ridgid, and to you all.

When I have time, I'll be hanging out at WoodCellar.

CHEERS

Comment

Apology accepted with no hard feelings. I'm sorry you decided to leave the group but as they say, a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do. Good luck to ya.
                    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Woody,
                      No apology needed by me. I know some of what you're going through. I'll miss you here on the forum. Keep your head up and God bless.
                      Lorax
                      "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Working...
                      X