X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workbench Mag review of Jobsite table saws

Has anyone read the review of jobsite table saws in April's Workbench Magazine? The TS 2400 was rated # 1 out of 5 saws reveiewed. It seems to hit all the critical points made for a tough, accurate & practical general & jobsite saw.

Since I value the comments & expertise on this forum, I'm curious as to the general opinion of this saw & review.

I would like a table or contractor saw, but have a space problem & a periodic need to use the saw on a jobsite rehabbing homes.

Your comments would be appreciated.

I got rid of any early version of the Delta 36-600, or whatever the glorified benchsaw with castiron top is. It was to heavy to take to most jobsites, and when taken had to be left in a particular area.

I now have the TS2400 and will take it to any site I want, and will move it to whichever side of the house I'm working on. Once set up, I can still lift one side and move easily.

For what it does, it's the best out there IMO.

Comment

jpg - A good contractor saw will make for a better wwing tool than a job site saw. The table size, motor, and materials of construction have a number of advantages. Ever consider getting the wwing saw you want, then picking up a small benchtop like the $99 Ryobi for the occasional site work? It's no 2400, but it leaves you with a nicer wwing saw.

Comment

I know about that space problem. I have had my TS2400 for 2 years and there is not another saw that I would replace it with. Strong and accurate, but portable, even if you don't take it to a job site and just need it out of your way in the shop. My shop is a 1 1/2 car garage.
        info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Thanks for your replies. Each of you seem to confirm the capability of the 2400 recognizing that a contractor saw would support heavier & more accurate work. However, the 2400 appears to be the right saw for the conditions I'm working with.

I would have preferred to take advantage of that 20% discount on Rigid tools offered last fall + the lifetime warranty. Hopefully, HD or Rigid comes up with a discount program soon.

Thanks again,

John G

Comment

I would never consider buying a ts in the $80- $300 range, even if it meant I could have a nicer ci top saw at home or in the shop. IMO, the saws in the 100 dollar range are hardly table saws at all. I had one that I have since replaced with the 2400. I can actually use the 2400 without getting frustrated. Don't try cutting a sheet of plywood with a benchtop saw.

Comment

I'd certainly agree that for woodworking, if you can find any extra space, a good contractors' saw is your best bet. Barring that, the 2400 is impressive and people are happy with it. With the included stand, it's a good buy. This is subject to what has seemed to be a problem getting parts and accessories on a number of Ridgid tools. It is one point to consider as well.
              Dave

Comment

Thanks again for your comments. One additional question.

Is the 2400 capable of performing accurate & stable 3/4" 4x8 plywood cuts?

John G.

Comment

Working...
                X