X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TP 1300 Planer Problems

I have a serious problem with planer material. When I proceed to remove material at 1/16 at a time the board does not reach the material indicator and go straight to the feed rollers causing the planer to take a very deep cut. I was just wondering were my feed roller wheels off line? And are the feed rollers suppose to be even with the cutter head? Can the chain be tighten up because whenever I turn the machine off I'm hearing a clicking sound as if the chain could possibly be loose. Need help guys! Behind the power curve on completing projects. Thanks

Re: TP 1300 Planer Problems

"When I proceed to remove material at 1/16 at a time the board does not reach the material indicator and go straight to the feed rollers causing the planer to take a very deep cut" I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you are saying here. You put the end of the board under the indicator and set it for the amount you want to cut. Then start the planer and feed the board in until the feed rollers take it from you and pull it through. If you are talking about a deep cut at the beginning and end of your board then that is Snipe and the infeed and outfeed tables need adjusting. The In/Out tables should be adjusted so that the inside edge against the planer is flush, the outside edge should be slightly elevated. Raise the planer up and place a straightedge through it so that the straight edge is only touching the outside edges of the IF/Out tables. The reason for the raised outsides is so that when the wieght of the board is on the tables they will sag and still be straight inline with the planer. If I did not cover your problem, then you will have to explain it a little clearer.
    info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Working...
    X