Shopnotes #96 (Nov 07)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shopnotes #96 (Nov 07)

If you get Shopnotes, did your last issue have duplicate pages and missing pages?

If yes you might want to go to their site and ask for a replacement, I did.
    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Re: Shopnotes #96 (Nov 07)

Well, I guess I was the only one who received a bad copy.

I did get a nice email from Shopnotes today saying a replacement issue is on its way to me.
    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."

Comment

Hey Bob, how do you rate that magazine? Have you been a long time subscriber?
      ================================================== ====
      ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Bob,

Remembered your post here on the forum and did not recall any problems with the issue. I just pulled it out again this evening to double check and all pages are accounted for...

Now Issue #97, which I just received today, runs through page 22 and then skips to pages 31 thru 34 twice, before continuing with page 35.

Did I miss anything on pages 23 thru 30?

LOL

Steve
        "It's always something...That's how they getcha'..."

Comment

I looked at my issue 96. Keep in mind in the center you have the comprehensive index insert! It has its own page numbers from 1-16. This is inserted between pages 26 and page 27

I like the magazine as there are some clever ideas and no ads! This becomes an excellent reference resource.

Cactus Man

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
            Hey Bob, how do you rate that magazine? Have you been a long time subscriber?

Wow, Sorry I did not get back to you earlier on this Dave, somehow I missed there was activity int his thread.

Anyway, I like it. As cactusman said, it is all content and no ads which is nice. It is printed on a sturdy paper stock, not that glossy magazine stock which can be difficult to read from the glare.

This is the first time in 3 years that I have had any problem with the magazine physically. Sometimes the tips and hints seem recycled or you get a deja-vu feeling from them like you saw them elsewhere but the articles are well illustrated and there are drawings and material lists that accompany each project. Projects usually run from start to finish and don't jump all over the book because they are not trying to lead you toward viewing all the ads.

I say send for a free trial issue, I think it is worth it. I told the kids that the bound back issues would make good birthday, Fathers Day, or Christmas presents and they have got me caught up with all the available back issues now. I really like the annual bound issues. I have thought about dropping the monthly subscription and just buying the bound book each year, but I would miss it I think. SO I am plannig to give away my monthly copies to a friend, a library, or some other deserving cause or group (I first learned woodworking in 4-H and some of the tips and projects would have been the basis of some great instruction) and buy the bound volumes as they become available.

Oh, almost forgot, I received my replacement issue the other day and it is all good. There was no index that I recall in either copy of issue #96, now I will have to go back and check.
            Last edited by Bob D.; 12-21-2007, 08:52 PM. Reason: added comment on the replacement issue

Comment

I'm going to have to binder up all my first year issues, and I definitely plan on renewing. Very useful publication.

Comment

Working...
              X