Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS Router table

Hi, All,

I'm a newbie with a TS2400LS. I'm looking for a router table and I'm a bit short of space.It looks as though there are versions of router table that attach to the table saw. Is this possible with the TS 2400LS? if so, has anyone experience of them? and if so which one and how well do they work ?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Dave

Re: TS Router table

It is easy to fabricate your own router insert for the 2400 TS. I did one a couple of years back. There are photos and description on this forum. Do a search for "2400" and "router table". I'm very happy with the result. It fits into the space created when you extend the tables right wing.

This approach lets you end up with a good router table and lets you use the TS's fence (with a suitable router fence addition). You still have a great, space saving saw and it now has a router table.
    Dick

Comment

I made a router table for my 2400 out of oak (Not recommended because it warps) I purchased the router table insert from Rockler and fabricated the whole thing to fit on the rails and rabbited a enough so that it was at table height. I then made a sacrificial fence out of MDF and I can clamp it to the saw fence or use the fence when needed. I leave the router table set up in the saw all the time and converting the saw to a router table takes a couple minutes. It would be nice to have a separate dedicated router table but I also have limited space.

Comment

Thanks, Gents, for your suggestions. I think I'll give it a try.

Comment

Working...
        X