Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BS1400 (gray) Riser block switch position question

Hello,

Every time I 've gone into a Homedepot in the last few months I've looked on all the bottom shelves for one of the 6" riser block kits - and low and behold it paid off! I found one at one my local HD's that had no price, and the barcode would not read, and after 5min or so of the tool guy trying to figure out what to do with his manager - they basically asked me "what's it worth to you?" - so I said $15 would be a decent deal - Done Deal!

(For those about to warn me that the 3/4 motor is not powerful enough to cut 12" of anything - no worries - I don't think I'll be doing any of that. I just figured that it would be nice to have a little more capacity, and for $15 how can you go wrong....)

My question for those that own it is: is there any reason why you can't you mount the switch in it's original postition? The instructions specifically say not to, and to instead mount it on the tapped holes in the riser block itself. It would seem that there is enough cord slack to allow the original mounting so is there any reason not to? It's much nicer because it's higher up.

Thanks,

JT

I don't know why you couldn't however I found following the directions benificial. I made a small wooden plate that fit into the old switch plate area and attached it. To that I attached a craftsman shop light with the flexable arm and affixed the permant mount base to the wooden plate. Now I have a light that helps illuminate the work and can be easily removed.
    I came...<br /><br />I saw...<br /><br />I changed the plans.

Comment

That's a good idea.

Thanks,

JT

Comment

Working...
      X