X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ts3650 belt coming off pully

I love my new saw but when i lower my blade all the way down my belt wants to slip off of the motor pully it runs great but do i have something out of line. everything seems to be assembled right any ideas

Re: Ts3650 belt coming off pully

Hi David. Welcome to the forums. I think what it sounds like is the motor pulley isn't in line with the arbor shaft pulley. To find the specific part in the manual, go here
    http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/TS3650-T...w/EN/index.htm

Click on the link in the right near the top (the one that looks like a book). That's the manual. On page 25 in the middle of the page is the alignment procedure. Make sure the belt is aligned and is tight. Make sure the bolts that hold the motor in place are tightened when you finish aligning the motor.

I hope that helps.
    I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Do you mean that it gets loose and will come off as you lower the blade? If so, you need to slide the motor back a bit.

Comment

I agree, I think you need to slide the whole motor mount back some to apply more tension on the belt...
        How much wood could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Comment

Hi all.
          Long time lurker, first time poster.
          David, I had the same problem with my recently-purchased 3650. As the others mentioned, getting more tension on the belt by sliding the motor back a bit did the trick for me.
          Hope it works for you, too.
          Good luck.

Comment

Working...
          X