X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS2400 Dust collection

I have a TS 2400 and would like to add it to my dust collection system does anyone have experience with what all that I will need. I have been setting up my shop for about a year now but have limited space so I have to store the saw when notin use.

Re: TS2400 Dust collection

I have my DC piped thoughout the shop. Some tools are setup to be movable like my TS2400. In the center open area of my shop I have a 2 1/2" hose with cutoff that drops down for the TS, SCMS, or whatever tool I am using at the time.
    info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Originally posted by piper5036s View Post
      I have a TS 2400 and would like to add it to my dust collection system does anyone have experience with what all that I will need. I have been setting up my shop for about a year now but have limited space so I have to store the saw when notin use.
      I use my shop vac in the garage, cheap way to go but on a jobsite I bought the dust collection for the Bosch table saw, fits on perfectly and for 10.00 from amazon you can't go wrong. Also a big hekp is a zero clearance insert, you get much better suction from a vac when you use one
      Carpenters make the prettiest firewood

Comment

I have the supplied dust collection port hooked up to a 4" hose with a Y that goes to a plastic dust collection plate (14" x 14") mounted under the saw. This leaves only the spaces cut out to miter the blade open to the outside. This setup cleans most of the dust.

Comment

I use a Shop-Vac hooked up to the exhaust port -- works well, but the filter gets plugged quickly (so it must be doing it's job, right ?). I also had my wife make a dust collection bag for the bottom of the saw -- a cube shaped bag that just fits the 13"x17" opening in the bottom of the saw (w/ 1" lip on each side to secure the bag to the saw), and hangs down below the saw about 18". It doesn't need to hang that low, but it looks great and I think it lets whatever dust settle. We had a piece of medium-brown colored naugahyde that works great and looks great too (a tight weave canvas would work as well)-- and I bought a 2"x4ft strip of industrial-strength velco that is adhesive backed -- of which I affixed the "hook" side to the underside of the saw, and the "loop" side to the edges of the bag. I cut the velcro down the middle resulting in 1" strips. I now have virtually no sawdust around the saw ... Just don't forget to take the bag off once in a while to clean the underside of the saw --

Comment

Working...
          X