X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get plans?

I have been hacking wood for 5 years or so. All of my projects are of my design without plans. I would really like to have some plans to work off of for a while.

So, my question is besides a book, where do you get your plans? Their are many pay websites offering plans but I don't know which ones are reputable.
    Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Re: Where to get plans?

Many of the great magazines, I prefer Wood, (get your mind out of the gutter) has full size prints on them. When you don't have a full size set, you can take them to a printing company who can blow them up to full size.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

If there is a Rockler or a Woodcraft near you, they have tons. The two Woodcraft stores I've been to also have some actual projects made from the plans on display. Lets you get a feel for how it's constructed so you can know if it's within you abilities or tooling.
      ‎"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

Sometimes, a tool makers e-mail newsletter will have plans I.E.(skil,dremel)

Comment

What type of projects do you like to build?

Furniture, wooden kids toys, or maybe Extreme Birdhouses like one of the other members here does?
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Subscribe to www.plansnow.com. They have a few free plans and many for sale fairly cheap. Every now and again they will send you a link for a free plan.

Ern

Comment

Here's a few free plans ->

http://www.popularmechanics.com/home...g/archive.html
              Cheers! - Jim
              -------------
              All truth passes through three stages: First it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Schopenhauer

Comment

Working...
              X