Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Nail Guns, Compressors?

Hi All,
    I need to get a nailer, and obviously a compressor to go with it. I've been looking at a few different models, and the Ridgids look pretty good.

I'm looking at getting a brad nailer to start, then maybe getting a finish nailer after that. Can someone tell me what they think of the Ridgid nailers, as compared with the Porter+Cable and DeWalt models?

I have the Porter-Cable 15ga angled finish nailer and a 18ga Bostick brad nailer and am very satisfied with both but looking at the Ridgid guns at HD I think I'd be just as happy with those also. But, for woodworking purposes and light DIY'er use, I think the best buy right now is the Senco 3 nailer kit at Home Depot. You get an 18ga brad nailer, 15ga angled finish nailer and a crown stapler for $219 but I've seen them as low as $199.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

Comment

I have PC nail guns 18ga, 16ga and 15ga. I use a Campbell Hausfield pancake comp. and I have been very happy with this combination. I haven't looked at the Ridgids but I think any name brand will do a very good job for you. Some have posted favorable comments on the Harbor Freight brad nailer.

Comment

I think it is hard to beat the combo kits porter cable has out there. I have the ridgid gas powered wheelbarrow compressor it has been good for the little action it has seen, however it has developed a bit of a problem. If it where my coin I give the PC's a good hard look.

Comment

Hey everyone,
          Thanks for the feedback.
          I've seen the Porter+Cable combination kits and
          they do look like a good deal. I don't know
          that much about nail guns, I just know that I
          think it would help me with some projects.
          Just to make sure, are we talking about the Porter+Cable kit that goes for about $330, with three nailers and a 6-gallon compressor?
          Here's the link:
          http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS/EN_US/diy_main/pg_diy.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1007712788.1128713254@ @@@&BV_EngineID=ccceaddfljkhmjdcgelceffdfgidgnl.0& CNTTYPE=PROD_META&CNTKEY=mis c/searchResults.jsp&MID=9876&N=2984+3966&pos=n24

[ 10-07-2005, 03:32 PM: Message edited by: MSchenker ]

Comment

that kit you mentioned looks pretty good it seems like my local HD usually has a few variations to choose from in that general price range

Comment

Harbor Freight 18g brad nailer

I have one of these little nailers, I got the 2" model. I think that it was $18. I have used it on a few projects in the shop and also retrimmed my entire house. I have oiled it once and have had 2 jams in 3 years. Take it for what it is worth but I have had a very good experience with these nailers. My brother has a PC and likes his but I am not convinced it is worthwhile unless you are very sure it will get a lot of use. I would guess my gun has shot 800 nails.
              MY $0.02
              HB

Comment

wheel barrow problem

Originally posted by JJC
                I think it is hard to beat the combo kits porter cable has out there. I have the ridgid gas powered wheelbarrow compressor it has been good for the little action it has seen, however it has developed a bit of a problem. If it where my coin I give the PC's a good hard look.

Hey JCC:

I'm looking into the ridgid wheelbarrow gas compressor. what kind of problem are you running into. is the compressor overall okay, or should i avoid this buy/

Tim

Comment

Here is my setup:
                  Porter-Cable C3151 Job Boss Compressor With Mobility Kit
                  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=228013

DEWALT D51275K 15-Gauge Finish Nailer Kit
                  DEWALT D51238K 18-Gauge Brad Nailer Kit

I have to say, I am very happy I purchased these components.
                  Please keep in mind I was very patient buying them so I got them for very good discounts.

Well worth the money and specially the compressor is small but not as small as the pancake type and because of the weight I like that it has a mobility kit, ease to move around the house and the tak can "support" 150Psi.

Regards,
                  olilugo

Comment

Tim,
                    Its a cable issue with the unloader valve, its annoying but for as little use as it has seen lately it isnt a big issue for me. The compressor itself & the motor are tops though

Comment

Working...
                    X