X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extension for Ridgid Table Saw

I am wondering if Ridgid sells an insert that I can add to my table saw that will allow me to have my router table built into my table saw. I have the TS3650 10" Table Saw.

Thanks,

SMP

Re: Extension for Ridgid Table Saw

No they don't offer anything like that. On the other hand, it wouldn't be very hard for you to build something.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Others on this forum have installed the Bench Dog Promax router table extension. Search on "promax" for info, or go to www.benchdog.com. I may consider one myself, someday.

Comment

MLCS has a router extension. I saw it the other day at their store and it looked nice.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveD View Post
          MLCS has a router extension. I saw it the other day at their store and it looked nice.
          As near as I can tell, MLCS's cast iron router table extension is the Bench Dog ProMax, Version 1. The main (perhaps only) difference is that V1 has only one set of slots for the fence to attached. V2 has two sets.

That is not to decry MLCS's products! I'm a big fan of their router bits and some other miscellanea...

But, for the price difference between the Bench Dog ProMax (v2) vs. the MLCS, I really think it's worth the little extra money to have the two fence attachment slots. That allows you to reverse the fence and use the entire table saw top as your router table, feeding from the rear side of the table saw.

If you happen to be a fan of the MagSwitch featherboards, this allows you to use them without the aluminum miter track "interfering".

Anyway, I have the ProMax, and I love it and heartily recommend it as a table saw extension router table. I mounted mine on the left. Others have done it on the right, *in addition* to the stock table saw wing. Search the forums and you'll find pictures and discussion.

Comment

I bought mine from http://www.mulecab.com/ and it works really well... I just tried looking at their site and it looks down, but I would keep looking because it was up the other day. Also, here is a thread from this form on how to build your own... http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8251

Comment

Working...
            X