X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many recieved arbor?

Just curious how many that ordered the replacement arbor for ts3650 have gotten them?
    From the time you spoke to c.s. how long to recieve it.They probably got hit with alot of requests all at once. They said mine was on the way tuesday. Hopefully will see something soon .
    Rick.

I asked for mine via email around Wednesday morning early of this week and got it the next day.

Jerry
    It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.

Comment

I sent an E-MAIL to Ridgid on Tuesday night. Recieved the new arbor from UPS yesterday afternoon.

Comment

I spoke to Scott in tech services on Tuesday and he said he would mail it out that day. No arbor shaft yet.

looseknot

Comment

Well thanks all for the assistance. Got the new arbor today w/ new nut as promised. Nice machined part and new nut threads on very smooth.
          I've allways had trouble threading the nut on old shaft. A BIG THANK YOU ALL, AND RIDGID. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Well thanks all for the assistance. Got the new arbor today w/ new nut as promised. Nice machined part and new nut threads on very smooth.
            I've allways had trouble threading the nut on old shaft. A BIG THANK YOU ALL, AND RIDGID. [img]smile.gif[/img]
            Rick.

Comment

I emailed them on Tuesday got the arbor on Thursday. Local Ridgid warranty repair shop needs the saw for 2 days to replace the arbor.

Comment

I just called and spoke with a guy in CS named Larry (didn't get his last name) who said they would send one out next week. I told him no rush that he didn't have to overnight it and incur extra expense. I know they would not be able to make the pick up time for UPS or FedEX this late in the afternoon and I do not need to cut a dado in the next few days so is no biggie if its not here Monday morning.

He suggested that I take it to a Service Center to have the arbor replaced, I just looked up the nearest Service Centers in NJ an they are both (there are only two) over 100 miles away, that ain't gonna happen that's for sure.

[ 01-07-2005, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: Bob D. ]

Comment

As I stated above, I was told that a shaft would be mailed to me that day. It came in today's (Friday)mail. Nice looking shaft. Much better than the original.

looseknot

Comment

I called and asked for mine today. I was told to expect it within five days. Haven't yet checked to see where the nearest service center is (I'm in Kansas). Was informed by the cs person that should I choose to install the arbor myself I would void any further warranty on the saw.
                    Richard

Comment

I called and asked for mine today. I was told to expect it within five days. Haven't yet checked to see where the nearest service center is (I'm in Kansas). Was informed by the cs person that should I choose to install the arbor myself I would void any further warranty on the saw.
                      Richard

Comment

Richard

Comment

"Was informed by the cs person that should I choose to install the arbor myself I would void any further warranty on the saw."

I was told nothing of the sort and I think that is a bunch of bull. It is bad enough that owners are inconvenienced by having to deal with the replacement, but to tell someone that they will void the warranty on their tool because Ridgid supplied them with a sub-standard part is ridiculous. I realize there may be some out there who may not be able to or wish to perform this replacement (Somebody called this an Upgrade?? I don't think so) for whatever reason.

But those who choose not to load up their saw and truck it to a service center, drop it off, then wait some length of time for it to be repaired, and then drive back and pick up the saw and move it back into their shop and set it up again should not be punished for choosing this option.

The Larry I talked to did not seem too thrilled about sending the arbor direct to me to install myself (I could hear the dismay in his voice after he recommended I take it to a Service Center). I told him I am perfectly capable of performing the replacement, he did not say anything at that time or any other about any issue with warranty or voiding same.

I haven't done the work yet but based on reading the comments of those who have replaced their arbors to date I am pretty confident that this will be easier than working on the control rod drives of a nuclear reactor or replacing the brakes on a HUMVEE (what a pain that is!) so am not worried about the complexity of the job.

Comment

Sent an e-mail on Sunday. Replied to a request for the serial number on Monday. Received an e-mail on Tuesday that the arbor was shipping that day. Received the new part today at 5:30.

The threads run all the way to the 5/8" shoulder so there should be no problem with narrow dado chippers.

The Technical Service rep who communicated with me, Tom Clinkscales, said nothing regarding voiding the warranty. Though he did say that the work should be done by an authorized service center.

Comment

I sent an e-mail Wednesday and got a reply today saying they would ship a new arbor to my address. Thanks to everyone who made this possible.

Comment

Working...
                              X