X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R250 Angled Finish Nailer

I am thinking about buying the R250 Finish Nailer and was wondering if anyone has experience with this tool. I have never used a pneumatic nailer before but I am sure it will be a lot easier than fixing my crooked nails. I like that it can take 1" to 2.5" nails looks like its lighter than other nailers.

I will be using it for trim, shelving and other basic woodworking projects, but plan to eventually get into making furniture. I will be hooking it up to a Craftsman 2.5 gallon air compressor, will this be sufficient enough? Also, is the Home Depot $189.00 price a good deal, or can I get it cheaper elsewhere?

Any comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated, thanks for the help.

Re: R250 Angled Finish Nailer

I have the Ridgid straight finish nailer and the brad nailer. They are very light and I've been very happy with them. I've yet to have a jam in either gun. Your Craftsman compressor should do fine with any nailer 16ga. and below.

Good luck,
    Ern

Comment

Re: R250 Angled Finish Nailer

I have the R250 angle finish nailer - so far it has been great - no misfires, no jamups, etc. I suspect about any of the small air compressors will be sufficient for this tool - I have the Ridgid steel twin tank and I can nail about 20 or 30 times with the R250 before it starts up to refill the tanks. Comparing prices with other brands, I think you will probably find that Ridgid's air nailers are slightly more expensive - but the lifetime warranty and my previous good experience with other Ridgid tools was enough to sway me toward Ridgid. If you can wait a few months - say April or May - then you can get some pretty good discounts at the Home Depot's annual tool sale. Last year you could get up to 25% off. Some folks get a hold of 10% off coupons from Home Depot on a regular basis. There have been several threads posted on this subject - just search around.

Comment

Working...
      X