Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 2424LS...Nice!

All,

I know this sounds like another "feel-good" story, but I've got to tell you, the TS2424LS is fantastic. I purchased it Saturday afternoon and by Sunday afternoon I was taking it for a test spin. Assembly instructions and workmanship are perfect. I tend to agree with the comments regarding Home Depot that I've seen here in the Forums. My local Home Depot has not done a good job in representing the Rigid lines. In fact, they have quite an elaborate display of Ryobi and Delta tools, while the Rigid table saws were actually down a side aisle partially disassembled. It's unfortunate that this misrepresentation could lead to customers making the wrong decision when choosing a saw. I would have never purchased the TS2424 if I hadn't found this web site.
    What has Ridgid done as far as advertising is concerned?
    Wayno

Wayno
    I have mine for about three weeks now,it is a great table saw, bought it for the fence which is one of the best ones out their. Sears has the same saw but you don't get all the extras that come with the Ridgid model.Home Depot has a poor setup for tools......

Comment

Sorry, I can't resist not jumping in here... I just blew off the sawdust, and came in from the shop to check my e-mail and view the latest postings after running my 2 month old TS2424LS. I have been making 3/4" Pony clamp wood pads. I can't say enough about how smooth the darn thing runs. Especially since I converted it to 220v. I must also say tonight I heard my first vibration. Cut 2 or 3 pieces and stopped to check things out. Finally I found it... Yep it was self-inflicted... Forgot to tightened the lock handle next to the vertical crank handle after raising the blade... Turned the lock handle a quarter of a turn, and the vibration was all gone... Anyway, Can't say enough good things about Ridgids tablesaw... The wife even wiped the top the other day as she stood there watching me work... She must be kind’ a fond of it too...
      Regards,<br /><br />Big Johnson<br /><br />Pictures: <a href=\"http://www.woodworkersweb.com/modules.php?set_albumName=albuv85&op=modload&name= gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.woodworkersweb.com/modules.php?set_albumName=albuv85&op=modload&name= gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php</a>

Comment

Good stuff! Every cut looks great so far...Has anyone experienced a squealing drive belt? I want to make sure it's not an expected noise before I start playing with pulley alignment.

Thanks
        Wayno

Comment

The belt should not squeal on start up. It sounds like the pulleys are out of alignment or the motor postion is incorrect and there is too much slack in the belt.

Jake

Comment

Working...
          X