good book sugestions.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good book sugestions.

I am looking for an overall good table saw book. That can show me all the 1001 uses that I would not think of on my own. I was wandering if you guys had bought one you would recomend. thanks!

Re: good book sugestions.

Keith,

In addition to the suggestions that you'll receive here, you might want to take a trip to your local Barnes & Noble, library, or other book store to take a look.

I'm fairly new to the table saw myself, (my experience is with an RAS), so I'll also be looking at the suggestions the other forum members have.

CWS

Comment

I dont have a ts ether, but have herd good things about Table Saw Magic. I dont have it but it seems like a good book.

Comment

Upon recommendations of others on this forum I bought "The Table Saw Book" by Kelly Mehler. I thought it was a good book and informative. A tad bit prejudiced toward European saws and their safety, but still a good book and I would recommend it.
        Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

A great source for books on not only table saws but many other tools found in the shop is the Woodworkers Book Club.
          ================================================== ====
          All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Jim Tolpin's "Table Saw Magic" is very good IMHO. Lots of jigs, ideas, pics, explanations, maintenance tips, etc.

Name:  a27db3c413c08438ed28f44634c98e84.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  16.0 KB
            Last edited by hewood; 12-26-2007, 06:32 PM.

Comment

I was recently in the same boat and got "The Table Saw Book" by Kelly Mehler. There wasnt many plans for jigs but overall I thought it was a good book for a novice like myself. I have since got The Router Book by the same publisher and feel its not as good but I havent finished it yet.

For xmas I got "The Band Saw Book".

Comment

Working...
              X