X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good book sugestions.

I am looking for an overall good table saw book. That can show me all the 1001 uses that I would not think of on my own. I was wandering if you guys had bought one you would recomend. thanks!

Re: good book sugestions.

Keith,

In addition to the suggestions that you'll receive here, you might want to take a trip to your local Barnes & Noble, library, or other book store to take a look.

I'm fairly new to the table saw myself, (my experience is with an RAS), so I'll also be looking at the suggestions the other forum members have.

CWS

Comment

I dont have a ts ether, but have herd good things about Table Saw Magic. I dont have it but it seems like a good book.

Comment

Upon recommendations of others on this forum I bought "The Table Saw Book" by Kelly Mehler. I thought it was a good book and informative. A tad bit prejudiced toward European saws and their safety, but still a good book and I would recommend it.
        Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

A great source for books on not only table saws but many other tools found in the shop is the Woodworkers Book Club.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Jim Tolpin's "Table Saw Magic" is very good IMHO. Lots of jigs, ideas, pics, explanations, maintenance tips, etc.

Attachment
            Attached Files
            Last edited by hewood; 12-26-2007, 08:32 PM.

Comment

I was recently in the same boat and got "The Table Saw Book" by Kelly Mehler. There wasnt many plans for jigs but overall I thought it was a good book for a novice like myself. I have since got The Router Book by the same publisher and feel its not as good but I havent finished it yet.

For xmas I got "The Band Saw Book".

Comment

Working...
              X