lifetime warrenty

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lifetime warrenty

I too need to register my new tools. TS and 5 piece tool set. I read the post about what I need to send in, but what if I no longer have the boxes? I cannot get the number from them. I know I can call and ask, but thought it's best to ask the experts first. Suggestions?

Re: lifetime warrenty

I registered my TS3650 today and all I needed was the serial number off the machine and my date of purchase off the receipt.

Randy

Comment

I'd give customer service a call if you have any doubts, perhaps they've dropped the requirement for the UPC code from the box. But, I'd certainly check first before I sent everything else in. Otherwise they might well just drop everything as "incomplete". The posted requirements are for the original UPC and a copy of the sales receipt... better safe, than sorry.

You are not alone in discarding the boxes, as I have seen other posts where buyers have done that; but, I don't know how they made out either.

I learned long ago, to not discard anything until you know exactly what the requirements are.

Good luck,

CWS
      Last edited by CWSmith; 12-30-2007, 12:01 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

contact Ridgid through your ebox and they will give you a reference number to send in with your LSA application so you can apply without the upc.

Good Luck

Comment

Randy to register your tool that is all you need online, but to apply for the Lifetime Service Agreement you need all the info I posted in the other thread and sne dit all into Ridgid with the LSA application.

Comment

Interesting, reading their warranty I took it that you can register online in place of mailing in the form.

LIFETIME SERVICE AGREEMENT FOR RIDGID® HAND HELD POWER TOOLS, STATIONARY POWER TOOLS AND PNEUMATIC TOOLS

In addition to the 3-Year Limited Service Warranty currently included with RIDGID® Brand Hand Held Power Tools Stationary Power Tools, and Pneumatic Tools, purchasers of these products may elect for a limited time to receive a free Lifetime Service Agreement. To accept this Lifetime Service Agreement, you must register your product and submit proof of purchase as described below. The Lifetime Service Agreement provides the original owner of qualifying RIDGID® Brand tools a lifetime of free replacement batteries, free service and free replacement parts subject to the limitations set forth below.

The Lifetime Service Agreement is available free of charge, for a limited time on all RIDGID® Brand hand held power tools, stationary power tools and pneumatic tools, subject to the terms and conditions stated below. Customers have 90 days from date of purchase to register tools for the Lifetime Service Agreement.

PROOF OF PURCHASE (RECEIPT AND ORIGINAL UPC CODE) WILL BE REQUIRED WHEN REGISTERING. REGISTER YOUR TOOLS THROUGH RIDGID.COM TO ACCEPT THE RIDGID® BRAND LIFETIME SERVICE AGREEMENT
            To accept the RIDGID® Brand Lifetime Service Agreement, you must register your qualifying RIDGID® Brand Hand Held Power Tool, Stationary Power Tool or Pneumatic Tool within 90 days after purchase. For expedited handling, register by logging on to www.ridgid.com, click on "Support," then "Product Registration," and choose the appropriate product category to be led through the registration process. You may also register by US mail - simply complete a registration form found at point of purchase, then mail the card together with a copy of your store receipt and the original UPC from the package of the qualifying product to: RIDGID® Hand Held and Stationary Power Tool Technical Service, PO Box 1427, Anderson, SC 29622.
            All registrations must be made under the name of an individual person. Within approximately 6-8 weeks after completion of the registration process, you will receive confirmation via email or US mail that will include your Lifetime Service Agreement Identification Number. Keep track of this number as you will need it in order to obtain service for your product under the Lifetime Service Agreement. A Lifetime Service Agreement card will be mailed to you; this will also include your Lifetime Service Agreement Identification Number.

Comment

Randy,
              If you read the LSA application form that comes with your tool it actually states there that it is a 2 step process. Part 1 is to register online, Part 2 is to fill out the application form with all the information and upc and copies of receipts and mail into Ridgid. Or you can just forget the online registration and do the mail in either way you must send in the UPC and copy of the receipt. The only step that can be skipped is the online registration. Certainly hope this clarifies things for you. Wouldn't want a fellow woodworker to miss out on the lifetime warranty!

Comment

The heck with it, maybe I will just hope nothing goes wrong. My chances of that is like hoping the first stack of lumber are all straight and true. I made the mistake of trashing the boxes, it's not like I pulled the motor out of a VW bug and hooked it up to the TS, whice would be very interesting.

Comment

[quote=randy street;112823]Interesting, reading their warranty I took it that you can register online in place of mailing in the form.....quote]

Randy,

What they are saying is this - when you purchase a Ridgid tool you automatically have a 3 year warranty whether you send in paper work or not. Just keep the receipt showing your purchase date and any service center will process claims accordingly with that proof. Now, if you want the Limited Lifetime Service Agreement you must provide additional proof of purchase and documentation to Ridgid. The online registration "expedites" the process by establishing an "ebox" location to allow customer service to more easily match the hard copy information to you, the correct purchaser.

So, for the 3 year warranty it's a one step process - keep your receipt. For the 3 year warranty + Limited Lifetime Service Agreement it's a two step process - online registration and providing hard copy documentation proving to be the original purchaser and that the product was purchased from an authorized Ridgid retailer.

Sounds like you're half way there by doing the online registration.

Comment

What's a bummer is I already got rid of the box. I read in an earlier post by NailBanger that I can contact them and get an exception. I'll do that.

Thanks for all the replies. My number 1 priority today is to finish the assembly and actually use it.

Randy

Comment

Working...
                    X