Shop Made Roller Stands

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shop Made Roller Stands

For those who like to make their own handy helpers, a friend of mine was throwing out her treadmill so I thought I would tear it apart to see if I could use any parts inside. The rollers that drive the tread belt are two feet long and work great as roller stands. I had some from Lowes that cost $19.00 but I didnt like that they don't cover a good serface area of the TS. So I extended the top of the Lowes ones and put the rollers on it. Also, if you buy the heavy duty drawer tracks, you can mount them on the sides of the TS and make a mount for a long roller. If I need to rip a long stock, I extend out the mounted roller. Happy New Everyone. It's 1 hr to the new year and I'm already making sawdust.

Re: Shop Made Roller Stands

Love this forum. Good to see the tips, traps and inventions of the members. It's inspirational.

Happy New Year ER Nurse. You're working a Noble profession. I was raised by an ERNurse, since retired.

Comment

thats sounds like exactley what I need. Thinks for the Idea My wife has a tread mill she has not used since the day we got it. If you have any pics I would love to see them.

Comment

At a local "surplus store" I found a large supply of used metal rollers that look like they come from package conveyers. There are small dings and dents in most but the work. These are all sizes - lengths and diameters. Next time I'm there I'll grab a few (a couple dollars each) and try to make something.

Comment

Working...
        X