X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the TP1300LS Coming Back?

I'm really confused about the 13" planer. Over the weekend I noticed the local HD's recieved the old (TP1300LS) planer (haven't seen these since the new 4330 was released), thought maybe they were just clearing out the warehouses, but when I stopped in this morning they had pulled the R4330 information tag and were putting new labels up, here's where the real confusion comes in. The new labels show the model #R4330, however the UPC code does not match the one on the 4330 box, it matches the UPC on the 1300 box... Another interesting point is that both boxes have the HD shipping label on them showing the same sku. Does anyone know if HD is going back to the 1300 if so is it an indication that the 4330 was not as good? Thanks for any info.

Re: Is the TP1300LS Coming Back?

I was looking at HD website, and it only talks about the TP1300, it didn't say anything about the R4330...

I wonder what is up, I am in the market...

Comment

I asked the tool guy at the local Home Depot this weekend about the 4330... He didn't even know that there was a newer version than the 1300... They had one floor model and 2 in box of the 1300... Amazed they also had 2 6" jointers in box on the floor...

Comment

I can understand your confusion, but from my experience with Home Depot, the last thing you want to believe is that they know what's really going on.

From Ridgid the R4330, IS the new planer and is an upgrade on the TP1300 which has been around for a number of years. While I wouldn't presume to speak for either Ridgid or Home Depot; as an observer it wouldn't make much sense to carry two products as close in design and purpose as the TP1300 and the R4330. So I'm under the opinion that the TP1300 is probably no longer in manufacturing and the only reason the product page is still on the web site, is that there is a substantial inventory still out there. Also, there is probably a market for refurbished TP1300's that interested customers will want to find information on.

Home Depot is probably just now, coming to the realization that a new product exists and they are ordering their regional warehousing to move any old inventory to the stores. Regarding the SKU#, it can only be presumed that the beauracracy of data management has stumbled and/or decided that it would be numerically confusing to pull apply a new SKU to a "Ridgid Planer". Who knows, but I doubt that anyone has decided to replace the R4330 and bring back the TP1300.

CWS

Comment

Home Depot is really starting to piss me off.

I bought the R330 there. Their website, as discussed above, doesn't know about it. They had no display models, and one planer when I bought mine.

Then, I hear about blade replacement problems, then this!!!

I need to get up there and talk with the management about my planer.

Comment

I purchased the R4330 in September '07 and was under the impression that is was better than the 1300 model. However I have not gotten to use it.
            Today I look on the HD web site and they don't even have the R4330 anywhere!? They only have the 1300 model.?! Does that mean that the R4330 is no good or what. This is perplexing? Can anyone shine some light?

Comment

From what I can tell, the R4330 is replacing the TP1300 which has been on the market for a very long time now. The TP1300 originally wore the gray and red/orange trim when first introduced in the late 90's I believe. When Ridgid transferred its stationary tools to TTI (under the 2003 licensing agreement) the TP1300 was part of the transfer and exists to this day with no changes to the original design, except the orange paint scheme.

The new R4330 is an upgrade with several changes, including the 3-blade cutter, 4-screw elevation mechanism, and an improved chip chute. (Probably more, but those are the top changes, from what I can tell.

But like most things with Home Depot, they'll screw it up somehow. No big introduction, most stores don't have a clue, most stores are still showing the TP1300 as the display (from what I hear, and certainly true on my two stores that I visit), and last but not least... both planers have the same SKU#!

So, with no difference in SKU identification, there's no immediate way to no what's in inventory or that there is a replacement.

Regarding the blade problem, I called Ridgid and Home Depot a few weeks ago and according to both the new 3-blade sets should be either in stock or at least the service desk has instructions on how to order them. Of course if the service desk doesn't know there's a difference in products, then why in the world should they order a different set of blades. BTW... the 3-blade pack is priced the same as the 2-blade pack, around $30.

I would imagine you'll start to see the TP1300's disappearing soon, providing there's a limited supply in the regional warehouses. I bought the last TP1300 at my local store several months ago. They still have one for display (such that it is), but I've seen three or four of the new R4330's in stock.

If you do a search an the forum for the R4330, you'll find several posts regarding this isssue.

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

A newby to site. Lots of good info. A question - I've got a TP1300 had it for years and am more than pleased with it. With the new 4330 coming out and it has 3 blades. On this site someone posted that the blades are the same price as the 2 blade set. Are the blades the same or have they changed them?? Just thinking if I could buy 3 for the price of 2 will end up money ahead in long run.
                cheers

Comment

Dmitch,

I asked that exact question to Ridgid Technical Support and the tech told me that they are NOT interchangeable with the TP1300.

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
                    Dmitch,

I asked that exact question to Ridgid Technical Support and the tech told me that they are NOT interchangeable with the TP1300.

CWS
                    Darn!! Thanks CWS

Comment

Working...
                    X