X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3650 fence questions

I recently did something very stupid to my fence. I pulled the clear protective coating off the ruler on the right hand side thinking it was just another piece of film. I know your supposed to pull the first layer of film off, but I know now you DO NOT pull the second layer off. It got a little nick right around the 20" mark, and there was a little (tiny) ear of film sticking up so I pulled it off. It gets worse from here. After I pulled the rest of it off, it left a sticky residue. I tried goof off, bug & tar remover, and mineral spirits to get it off to no prevail. I then took a green scotch pad and some wd40 and proceeded to scrub the residue off, which worked, but in the process I scrubed a little to hard around the 2 & 3" mark, and took the top half of some lines, and part of a couple of numbers off. It make me sick every time I look at it. I don't know how you would go about changing the right side of the ruler without changing the rail. I'm sure the ruler is applied with a high strength glue, and I would probably destroy the rail trying to get it off. I'm also getting ready to build a rolling work station for the saw and I have a lowes biesemeyer fence just sitting in the corner. Should I try to fix the fence or just put the bies on?

The only problem I've ever had with the fence is that sometimes it moves when I'm cutting full sheets of plywood because of the pressure I put on it. I've used biesemeyer in the past and I can tell you the bies does not move period, when you put pressure on it. This just might be the excuse to put
    the bies on that deep down I've been looking for, I don't really know. Other than that the fence is a dream. I never had to worry about it not being parallel.

Any suggestions would be great, and also how much do you think it would cost to fix?

Larry

Re: 3650 fence questions

Do you mean the front rail? Since the fence doesnt have numbers on it I would have to assume thats what you meant, if so...

...When I got the 3650 Home Depot accidentally gave me two boxes of the rails. I bought the saw in store and got home delivery but took the rail box with me, when they delivered the saw the also sent the rail box giving me two. The delivery guy said to keep it as he didnt want to deal with bringing it back (a highly motiviated worker he was not). I have been wondering what to do with and if you have any interest I would be open to selling or trading it.

Comment

Pez, I really appreciate the offer, but if I have to resort to pulling the rail off I'm going to put the bies on. Thanks again

Larry

Comment

You could just purchase one of these or something similar and just apply it over the top of the existing tape.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BigLarr View Post
          Pez, I really appreciate the offer, but if I have to resort to pulling the rail off I'm going to put the bies on. Thanks again

Larry
          No problem at all. I am trying to figure out what to do with it...

Comment

you can just get one of these and forget about the ruler

http://www.wixey.com/fence/index.html

Comment

Working...
            X