X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheels for planer stand?

I have a TP1300 planer and I'm getting tired of dragging it around the shop. The stand has plastic end feet with a center hole but it doesnt look like they will support casters. Has anyone done this or mounted it on an aftermarket mobile stand?

Re: Wheels for planer stand?

I put mine on the universal mobile base kit from Woodcraft. Usually runs about $50-60. The nice benefit is that by adding the plywood base/bottom, you gain under-the-stand storage area.

Comment

If you can find a Ridgid Herc-U-Lift in your local HD that works well. I bought one with my planer and it works great for me. The legs seem a tad flimsy to me to put casters on, but a universal mobile kit would probably work well. I used the Delta on my Ridgid planer and it works fine with no complaints.
      Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

My local HD has mobile bases @ $30.00. Comes in an orange box and located in the hardware department near door knobs and such.
        Steve.

Comment

I mounted mine on one of the old AC9940 miter saw utility vehicles. They put them on sale last year for $99 at the Home Despot. The support rollers are handy to support long pieces as they come out the outfeed end. I got the idea from a post on this forum. Also you can store the unit with a much smaller footprint in your shop and move it easily to the job site. Look around, there are probably some left at the Home Depot - I think they can check inventory at other stores if you ask.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevan Sweeney View Post
            My local HD has mobile bases @ $30.00. Comes in an orange box and located in the hardware department near door knobs and such.
            Steve.
            Steve, have you tried those bases yet? I was looking at them today, for same price. I'm wondering if anyone else has tried to use it yet with Ridgid products, I'd want to put it on my TP1300. If anyone has any input on it, I'd appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jalon View Post
              Steve, have you tried those bases yet? I was looking at them today, for same price. I'm wondering if anyone else has tried to use it yet with Ridgid products, I'd want to put it on my TP1300. If anyone has any input on it, I'd appreciate it.
              I bought one to put my Ryobi Bt3000 tablesaw on. I liked it enough to buy another to put my router table on. I think they are the most bang for the buck of any of the mobile bases available, however I would probably not use them if the weight of the machine was over about 250 pounds. Might need something beefier. For your planer it should do fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Jalon View Post
                They are actually Portamate PM1000. I bought 3 of them. For my Ridgid jointer, drill press and band saw. So far I have it on the jointer and drill press and they work great. Anywhere else they are selling for about $60 so it is really good deal.

Comment

Sounds like I need to pick up a couple, thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Go for it. You can always return them ...

Comment

I mounted the supplied planer stand on a piece of 1/2" plywood I had around to stabilize the legs, with locking casters I bought on sale from Rocker. I used the bolts from the casters to attach the plastic feet of the stand to the ply. This also gives me a shelf to store another tool.

Comment

I asked about the mobile stand at the HD the other day and no one knew what I was talking about. Went in yesterday and there was a whole cart of them sitting at the end of the "hardware isle". Looks good. I'll try to get it on the planer this week. Thanks for the info everyone!

Comment

I had my Bosch 4000 mounted on a Rigid Stand with a Hercu-Lift I got on sale at Home Depot for $14. I sold my Bosch when I got my 3650 and have my Planer mounted on it and it works beautifully! Both the universal stand and lift are available at your local HD.

Comment

Originally posted by jmaynard View Post
                            I had my Bosch 4000 mounted on a Rigid Stand with a Hercu-Lift I got on sale at Home Depot for $14. I sold my Bosch when I got my 3650 and have my Planer mounted on it and it works beautifully! Both the universal stand and lift are available at your local HD.
                            Good luck finding the herc-u-lift anywhere. Its been out of production for at least several months, probably longer from what I hear. I got lucky and found one on ebay, had tried dozens of places. If you still can find them local buy them all and re-sell what byou dont need on ebay (and one to me ). They are great since they dont protrude out of the stand.

Comment

Working...
                            X