X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used Jointer - To Buy or Not To Buy

Finally... after months of watching... my local craigslist has something I'm actually interested in:

A Ridgid 6-1/8" Jointer/Planer with an asking price of $300. I think it's the JP0610.

What should I look for when I go check it out to ensure it's in good shape? Assuming it's in good shape, is $300 a fair price and what would you offer the guy?

Thanks!

Paul

Re: Used Jointer - To Buy or Not To Buy

Hi Paul - Considering that a new one runs ~ $350, $300 seems high for used unless its in showroom condition with a mobile base, and maybe extra knives.

Things to look for with any jointer...put the infeed and outfeed tables at the same heigh and lay a straight edge across to be sure they're coplaner. Check with the straigh edge to see that the fence is flat too. If it checks out, I'd offer $225-$250....maybe $275 if it's really mint.

Comment

Agreed, at $300, it's really not worth it, I'd much rather spend the extra $50 and just get new if I was so inclined. You can look at it, see if it's in excellent condition and make some test cuts if you can, then offer less.

Comment

Ridgid jointer costs $400.00 around here...

Comment

Working...
        X