Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

Ts 3650 Miter slot issue??

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ts 3650 Miter slot issue??

    I have been working on aligning my 3650. I am using a "master plate" and an In line Industires A-line-it jig. I notice when i run it down the miter slot there is a 3 or more cup when I go past the arbor. I know the first thing that comes to mind is the master plate. If I run it down the fence. I see the same cup in the fence. Any one have any thoughts? i am having a hard time getting repeatable cuts on the saw and the cup really bothers me. Is it really a cup or is it a miter slot that is not straight? I have noticed that my osbourne EB3 gets hung up in the same spot. Thanks in advanced.

  • #2
    Re: Ts 3650 Miter slot issue??

    I don't really understand what you are trying to describe. However...on my TS3650 the miter slots appear to be slightly narrower at the very ends. In other words, a miter bar that is adjusted to fit perfectly near the center of the table will get stuck if I push it to either end.

    This has been very frustrating, as my nice Incra 1000se and my crosscut sled can't be adjusted to have zero play along the length of their travel

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Ts 3650 Miter slot issue??

      Originally posted by jbateman View Post
      I don't really understand what you are trying to describe. However...on my TS3650 the miter slots appear to be slightly narrower at the very ends. In other words, a miter bar that is adjusted to fit perfectly near the center of the table will get stuck if I push it to either end.

      This has been very frustrating, as my nice Incra 1000se and my crosscut sled can't be adjusted to have zero play along the length of their travel
      You can open the miter slots up a bit with a 3/4" block of wood and some fine grit sandpaper. Go slowly and check the fit often. I had to do this on my Unisaw.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Ts 3650 Miter slot issue??

        Ditto on my 3650. I had to widen the front of the left miter slot, as it was a few thousandths narrower.

        Go
        Practicing at practical wood working

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Ts 3650 Miter slot issue??

          Originally posted by weblance View Post
          You can open the miter slots up a bit with a 3/4" block of wood and some fine grit sandpaper. Go slowly and check the fit often. I had to do this on my Unisaw.
          I guess the idea is size the block so that when wrapped in sandpaper it fits snuggly in the wide part and then keep sliding it in the rest of the slot until it's the same width?

          FSK

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Ts 3650 Miter slot issue??

            I had a tight spot when sliding my new Incra miter gauge. Per Incras instructions, I just slid the 3/4 block back and forth, holding pressure on one side of the slot and then the other until the miter gauge slid easily, but was still tight. Not really rocket science.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Ts 3650 Miter slot issue??

              Originally posted by weblance View Post
              I had a tight spot when sliding my new Incra miter gauge. Per Incras instructions, I just slid the 3/4 block back and forth, holding pressure on one side of the slot and then the other until the miter gauge slid easily, but was still tight. Not really rocket science.
              Thanks, I'll limit my questions to rocket science.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Ts 3650 Miter slot issue??

                Hey dont worry. In my opinion the only bad question is the one that was'nt asked! Especially if something gets messsed up.

                Comment

                Working...
                X